Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
landrich Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Forwarding Mails with files = 0Byte files send

Hy,

same user reported us, that when the forward mails with files (PDF or so) the became the Error D124, but the mail will send. The recipent get that mail, but the files are 0Byte and can´t opend whats clear because that are 0Byte file.

Is this a known probleme and when how can it be solved? For now I think only Win7 clients report this probleme.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Forwarding Mails with files = 0Byte files send

Hi,

You don't tell us the version and build of GroupWise being used - kindly inform us.

Thanks
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
MarkDissington Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

That rings a bell, this error has been around since GW8 or earlier. Are these files from GroupWise Document Management?

If so, I bet they're either dragging the file to the email, or right clicking the file and choosing forward, from a shared folder that they don't own. Despite them having rights to the document that always results in an error. You either need to forward the document from a folder that you own (your own recent doc folder if you've opened it recently is easiest), or you can attach by document reference directly in the email and that works 100% of the time provided you've got rights to the document.

Mark.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Landrich,

> same user reported us, that when the forward mails with files (PDF or
> so) the became the Error D124, but the mail will send. The recipent get
> that mail, but the files are 0Byte and can?t opend whats clear because
> that are 0Byte file.
>
> Is this a known probleme and when how can it be solved? For now I think
> only Win7 clients report this probleme.

Go into the client settings and uncheck the vcard option. Or if the user
is actually using a vcard, make sure the path is correct.

Pam

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

sorry I forgot, the Version is 18.0.1 Build 129782

I can say, it´s not the GroupWise Document Management, because we don´t use it and for that we don´t installed it.

The vCard option can I check on monday because today there is no user with the problem here.

Why the error only appears when thy forward an mail with files? When they drop the files to a new mail all is fine. But they don´t want to save the files to the PC first and then send a new mail, what I can understand.

If it helps, all Users with that problem, have GroupWise updated from 12 to 18.0.1, but not all updated PCs have these problem, only 4 or 5.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 17.01.2019 16:04, landrich wrote:
>
> Hy,
>
> same user reported us, that when the forward mails with files (PDF or
> so) the became the Error D124, but the mail will send. The recipent get
> that mail, but the files are 0Byte and can�t opend whats clear because
> that are 0Byte file.
>
> Is this a known probleme and when how can it be solved? For now I think
> only Win7 clients report this probleme.
>
>

This could also be a local filesystem rights problem of the groupwise
temp directory. You may want to check if there's any issues using
sysinternals process monitor for instance.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hello

now I checked the settings, there is no vcard activated.

And all other options exactly the same like on PC´s where it definitely works

@mrosen
What exactly do you mean with the GroupWise temp directory?
I know what a temp directory is, but where can I find the path to check the user rights?
All files from the mail where safe to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\GroupWise
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Test with a client upgraded to 18.0.2 (build 131493). In the dim recesses of my memory, I think there was an issue with 0-byte attachments in earlier clients.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.