Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GMS 2.1 contact sync trouble with Iphone 6 (iOS9)

At the moment we are running Novell Data Synchronizer Version 1.2.5 (Build: 299) without any problems, but some time ago we installed a new server with Groupwise Mobility Services Version: 2.1.0 (Build: 230). We are running Groupwise Server 2012 SP3 HP1.

When going in testing mode, everything looked ok and all devices (Android, iOS and Windows Phone) seem to sync flowless.
Unfortunately we discovered a problem with all our iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus devices with iOS 9.1, as where the contact sync from Groupwise to the iOS devices is broken when the first sync has finished. Contacts from the iPhone 6 are being synced to Groupwise, but changed or new contacts from Groupwise are not appearing on the iPhone 6.
We also tested the syncing of contacts on an iPhone 5 (ios 8.3) and the syncing of contacts is working flowless both ways.

So it looks like there are some sync issues between the iPhone 6 / iOS9.1 and GMS2.1. At the moment we are not sure if this is an issue related to iOS9 or if this is an issue related to GMS2.1.

Please let me know if more people are experiencing the same problem or might have a solution to fix this issue.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GMS 2.1 contact sync trouble with Iphone 6 (iOS9)

In article <memartens.75d6fz@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Memartens
wrote:
> So it looks like there are some sync issues between the iPhone 6 /
> iOS9.1 and GMS2.1. At the moment we are not sure if this is an issue
> related to iOS9 or if this is an issue related to GMS2.1.

One of my clients has at least one iOS9.1 running against their GMS2.1
and no problems have been escalated to me.

> Please let me know if more people are experiencing the same problem or
> might have a solution to fix this issue.

Take a close look at each of those users in 'Users' in the management
interface, making sure they show as normal and open the folders there to
see if there are pending items to sync.
Additionally check the link at the end of my sig for general
troubleshooting that may help reveal what is going on.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!
GMS troubleshooting tips at http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.