rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GMS 2014R2 Fresh install - no sync

I created a new SLES11SP4 install and deployed the latest GMS2014R2 install. I can import users, in my case a group with the list of users and they seem to start the process of syncing with all but one of the users showing Synced as well as phones showing up within each user. I used my device as a test device and the dashboard seems to show content flowing between my GMS system and GroupWise. Yet on the phone itself it attempts to sync yet fails with Can't contact server as the error on the iOS device. I thought it might be something with my ZMM server causing so remove the set up on the phone and pointed directly the the GMS server. Received the same error.

I am guessing that I either didn't get one of the steps in the install correct or that possibly I have a conflict I am missing.

What would be the best log file to start with to determine what is going on? Is there any advice as to what I might need to look at first?

Thanks

Richard
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GMS 2014R2 Fresh install - no sync

Hi Richard,

Minor thing, but often overlooked, when installing the server did you deselect the Apache/Tomcat components?

Check that and let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You may also want to check your firewall settings.
Is port 443 (default SSL port) opened? Can you telnet your GMS server on that port?

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I wasn't to sure if the Apache/Tomcat component option had been done or not and I couldn't find reference to it in the install doc. I decided to uninstall and start the install/configuration over. This time for some reason They system seems to be syncing as expected. The only change in my process that was major is that I started testing just my account which tested good. Then I placed my Mobility group in under users. They users seem to be pushing in like expected and some of the users are even show up with devices already posting in. Hopefully everything continues to work as expected.

thanks!

Richard
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Richard,

Indeed I too couldn't find reference to this in the install docs. I use Danita's guide which is, in my opinion, a far better reference. I'll see what I can do about getting the Novell documentation updated.

Glad that it's working for you now though.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
chas1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There can be a 'problem' with the sync of the latest version of gms which does not always show up in every installation. It is worth running dsapp (latest version), option 2,3,2 which upgrades the problem component. I have had a number of issues after upgrading our gms (see earlier post) but running dsapp fixed everything and gms is now running as expected.

Cheers,

ChasR.
0 Likes
booktrunk1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This looks interesting. I'm suffering from issues where our 14.2 GMS Server says it's working fine but no iphones / ipads receive any new mail. Do you think it's worth a shot running this.

Also is 2,3,2 correct 🙂

2: Register and Update

Then
1: Register Mobility
2: Update Mobility
3: FTF Options... Option 2 from here is Apply FTF's (a

Should it be
2: Update Mobility followed by 2 update by URL?

Not sure what the Apply FTF's means so don't want to do that without checking

Cheers

Steph
0 Likes
chas1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
This update cured all the sync problems which I was having since installing the latest gms version. I did use 2,3,2 option to upgrade the gms, and it worked flawlessly for me. dsapp automatically upgrade to the latest version when you run it.

I would take a backup first, but would recommend doing the upgrade to everyone to sort out all the problems people seem to be having.

Cheers,

ChasR
0 Likes
crashmaster18 Contributor.
Contributor.

Just to clarify,

Which version of dsapp is everyone running? We are still on 227 as the new(?) version seems to have some dependency issues when we try to install it on SLES 11 SP4 x64 servers?

Old? - original dsapp 227
https://github.com/tdharris/dsapp/wiki

New? - python
https://github.com/snielson/dsapp_python/wiki

Kevin
0 Likes
crashmaster18 Contributor.
Contributor.

Disregard my last post please. I just followed the instructions after installing all the latest patches for 11 SP 4. dsapp v235 (April 1 2016?) works great. -Kevin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.