Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

GMS and BlueMail

Hello,

I've tried to set up my account on my Android device using BlueMail. The result is, lets say, not perfect. I can connect to the GMS server, I can download emails, etc. But every time a sync occurs, the Inbox folder becomes empty. Then I do a refresh again, and emails appear or not. I tap on an email, and I get an error message, that the email is no longer available. Then I refresh, I see the email, this time I can open it. Then it disappears again.
Have you experienced such behavior?
I can set up my GMS account in gmail, or the built in mail app, and have no problems at all.

Versions: GMS 18.1 build 410, GW 18.0.2 build 131493, Redmi 4X Android 7.1.2. MIUI10, BlueMail 31 October 2018.

Regards,
Gellért
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GMS and BlueMail

Gehorvath,

> Have you experienced such behavior?
> I can set up my GMS account in gmail, or the built in mail app, and have
> no problems at all.
>
> Versions: GMS 18.1 build 410, GW 18.0.2 build 131493, Redmi 4X Android
> 7.1.2. MIUI10, BlueMail 31 October 2018

Unless it has changed, Blue Mail uses EWS (Exchange Web Service) and GMS
uses EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) and because of this, Blue Mail will not
work with GMS.

Pam

0 Likes

Thank you Pam, this explains thinks. I went to https://bluemail.help/add-exchange-account/ and found this :
BlueMail supports both Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) and Exchange Web Services (EWS).
I've set up my account as EAS and still experience problems. Could be BlueMail related.

Gellért
0 Likes
ebelcher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm reporting the exact same problem. I tried blue-mail because, since the introduction of GMS 18.1, my normal mail client has started to play up. At least with blue-mail I can have multiple email accounts and they work for the first few minutes to hours and then blue-mail just stops responding altogether.
I'm using the ACTIVESync connector. When it does work, I also see the mailbox flip from empty to full as they should be to empty again. It's unusable.

I'm reporting this as I believe the latest version of GMS has introduced quite a number of bugs. This is just one symptom.
0 Likes
davidkrotil Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have same problem with BlueMail, it stopped working after going to 18.1.
0 Likes
ebelcher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The problem with Bluemail seems now to be fixed with a recent update.
This is good as google have updated their email app and solved one issue and broken another.
I can only guess that some new standard has been implemented around phone security that has broken a number of things.

By hey, with BlueMail you can now run multiple accounts of GMS on Android with no problem in my experience.
The version I'm running is 1.9.5.28 build 14470-338
0 Likes

Unfortunately it still does not work for me with the same symptoms as before.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.