New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

GMS dsapp v249 bad decrypt ldap password

Jump to solution

Hello Everybody,

just installed a brand new GMS 18.2.1 on a SLES 15SP2 and it was a real pain as the GMS installer did not take over the Settings from the Setup to the GMS config. So had to get that configured manually.

Now I even succeded in getting the GroupWise License to my GMS as the system was not working properly without and always giving an error About the services as long as there is no license.

So last I tried to install dsapp, failed at the well known missing python2-rpm but after I installed it the Setup of dsapp went smooth but if I try to start dsapp it Drops an error:

dsapp has encountered an error.

Error: bad decrypt - error decoding .//configengine/ldap/login/password

I searched for the path but didn´t find it neither in /opt/novell/datasync nor in /etc/datasync so the reason why it Fails is clear but how can I get that missing ldap config?

Regards,

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello Andreas,

You will need to follow this TID https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7021022

This will ask for the passwords for ldap, postgres, and path to trusted app. Make sure you have those.

Regards,

Jeff

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Andreas,

You will need to follow this TID https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7021022

This will ask for the passwords for ldap, postgres, and path to trusted app. Make sure you have those.

Regards,

Jeff

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

Hey Jeff,

thank you for the TID worked like a charm 👍

(for others having this problem, only do the TID up to Step 3, step 4 will break the function of dsapp again).

What I wonder about, I already had a lot of SLES 11 and SLES 12 servers with different GMS installations and I never encountered this problem installing dsapp.

Regards,

Andreas

(going to write myself now a hintbook, installing GMS on SLES15, quite an adventure)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I just install 2 new GMS Server in SLES 15 SP2 with GMS 18.2.1 Build 544

After install dsapp 2.0.249, i have same problem when launch dsapp

dsapp has encountered an error.
Error: bad decrypt - error decoding .//configengine/ldap/login/password

I follow TID 7021022 but that don't repair dsapp.

Best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

Hi

from the TID do NOT do the last step with the update.sh this step will reencrypt the files so that dsapp can´t read them anymore. Stop at step 3 and dsapp should work. (and GMS also)

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.