Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

GMS need more than 730 Days Calendar sync.

Hello,

I need for some users a calendar sync back to 2010. Is there any way to get all calendar entries frome groupwise for the last 7 years synced with gms to our mobile devices ?

Thanks and Regards,
D. O.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GMS need more than 730 Days Calendar sync.

Hi D.O.

Unfortunately that is a hard-coded maximum limit.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hey Laura,

i quickly jump in into this discussion :).

We would like to sync only the last year to our mobile clients. Where do we set these value? The Max. Calender Sync Limit under the Device-Tab is set to 360 days. But i think this value effects only the comming days not the past.

thx

Mike
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mike,

Thanks for jumping in here 🙂

Indeed you are correct, and thank you for pointing that out, the maximum sync of 730 days is for appointments in the future.

The maximum number of "old events" that can sync is 60 days.

This is how you configure it: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwisemobility2014r2/gwmob2014r2_guide_admin/data/admin_gwsync_ignore_old.html#admin_gwsync_ignore_old

Apologies for misleading information above 😞

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

I have been told that the amount of days you can sync in the past will change/be configurable in the upcoming Wasatch release. I had another customer ask the same question in a recent meeting and that is what I got back when I dug into it.

Lothar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thank you for that information Lothar.
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.