Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
mjwojciechowski Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

GMS2018 new Samsung phones Gmail cutting send mail

Hi everyone,

GMS2018 GW18 - both last versions, patched.

Users owning new Samsung phones using GMail android application as mail client have problems sending "long" mails (5-6 lines of text, few sentences). When send mail is cut in some part - only beginning is send. This happened on new mails and also in replied mails.
Anyone have found this problem ?

Mail is partial in both Send folders - on GroupWise and on device. Phones are fully patched.
I'm also using Samsung new device (S9+) but usually writing from phone mails with only 1-2 sentences, and not observed this problem.

Other problem is with "native" Samsung email application (probably developed old Google email), which frequently refreshes Inbox and due to this "feature" is unusable, so users using GMail as mail client on phones.

Regards,
Maciej
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GMS2018 new Samsung phones Gmail cutting send mail

Hi Maciej,

There is an issue with newer Samsung phones continuously switching between the different versions of the ActiveSync protocol causing sync issues with GMS - https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7022928

Open a service request with Micro Focus support and get the latest FTF of GMS 18.0.1 to resolve this.

As for the Gmail app truncating email - that I don't have an answer for at this point.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
davemrm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: GMS2018 new Samsung phones Gmail cutting send mail

I just got build 280 from support to help with a similar sync issue on galaxy note 8. the device would sync everything, then delete it all and sync again, over and over. battery would drain to zero in less than 12 hours.
Sync seems fine now, no repeats. however it did inexplicably stop syncing after about 18 hours, wouldn't sync again until device was rebooted. Will see whether this recurs or if it was a one-off glitch.

The kb article listed different symptoms on a galaxy S8, and mentioned the device switching between AS 14.1 and 16. I'm not sure the switching was happening before, but now it shows AS 14.1 in the mobility console. That might be what the fix does - set Galaxy 8-series devices to AS 14.1.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.