Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

GW 18.2 Web - No System Extensions or Modules

The GroupWise 18.2 Web Docker install instructions say to install the Container Modules from System Extensions or Modules from Yast.

The System Extensions or Modules does not exist on any of my Suse 12 servers.

How do I get System Extensions or Modules installed for Yast?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GW 18.2 Web - No System Extensions or Modules

I have two documents for you:

https://www.suse.com/c/first-sles-container/ and https://docs.docker.com/ee/docker-ee/suse/

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thank you for the documentation links.

Even though yast2 does not have an application launcher for System Extensions or Modules, it seems that OES 2018 installs the Base SLE Containers during the initial install.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@dkerbaugh 

I've been testing this on one of my OES2018SP1 servers.  Indeed the option to add modules & extensions is not there on OES.  However you can zypper in docker and follow all the standard procedures and GroupWise Web runs successfully on OES2018SP1.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Laura.

I'm not familiar with Docker so I was following one of the Micro Focus GW Web video's. The instructor indicated that the Extensions needed to be installed and that if they weren't then use the System Extensions or Modules to install them.

I was able to determine through Yast2 Software Management that they were in fact installed.

I followed the Docker install without issues.

Still unsuccessful getting GroupWise Web to load.

For now I need to continue moving forward with testing my upgrade from 18.0.2 to 18.2.1 which thus far has been a struggle and challenge.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Your GroupWise system has to be on 18.2.x for GroupWise Web to work.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have an advantage of being an IT Engineer who gets to live in a virtual environment.

I have a GroupWise Test environment that lives parallel to my production GroupWise system.

I upgraded my GW Test Server from 18.0.2 to 18.2.1 and then spun up a dedicated test server to load Docker on and the GroupWise Web Image.

The Domain and Post Office run on the same server and were verified to be 18.2.1 after the upgrade. The Docker GW Web Image is 18.2.0-135318.

I know it would be helpful to provide more details on the failures that I was experiencing, but unfortunately I re-purposed that  Docker Server for other tests need.

Thanks again for the replies.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.