Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GW 6.5 Server Crashed

I have a NW 65sp5 server running GW 656. I was starting to migrate the mailboxes when the server hardware crashed. I have backups of the GW files. I rebuilt the NW65sp5 into a seperate tree along with GW 656. I am restoring the files to a alternate directory on the server. What is the best way for me to get my GW 656 system back online?

1.) Remove objects of crashed server from original tree and remove eDir from Temp tree and import server into original tree?

2.) graft the GW system into the other server?

I haven't worked on GW in about 5-6 years, so any guidance would be helpful. Detailed instructions would also help me.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: GW 6.5 Server Crashed

Two things:

Where does eDirectory live? Is the crashed server your only or master replica holder? If so, you have to fix eDirectory first.

If the crashed server has no replicas, my strategy would be to restore the data to a newly minted SLES or OES server and upgrade to GW 2012 to GW 8.0.3 - which ever lets you start with GW 6.5.6. Doing a lot of work to end up where you started is pointless. And if anything goes wrong, you have a version of GW and an OS that at least you can support.

-- Bob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.