Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GW 802 IMAP Login Error

Hello,

I'm having some problems with setting up a imap connection to a groupwise system.
The system is running 802. I have setup Imap and Pop3 on the gwia. When i want to try to connect with for example Thunderbird and i fill in the account info I get an login error. The account is an external entity and I have set a groupwise password for it. I can connect to the mailbox with the groupwise client so username and password are ok. The link of the gwia to the post office is c/s. I have also tried c/s and direct access but still can't login.

What could be the problem.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Have you checked the access control lists on your GWIA to see if IMAP is enabled there?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have got it to work. I needed to connect to the POA and not the GWIA.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Thanks for posting back. I'm glad that you got it to work 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.