Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

GW Mobility 14.2.2 not syncing all contacts

We are running GroupWise 14.2.2 with GW Mobility 14.2.2 build 120.  A user with a lot of contacts says that not all of his contacts are syncing.  If I look at the Mobility service Console for the user, it indicates that everything is synced. 

Is there a limit to the number of contacts that the mobility service can sync?  He is syncing 3 personal address books which comprise 3179 contacts and 17 groups.  (He is NOT syncing the Frequent Contacts book.)

What logs should I look at to see if there are problems?

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GW Mobility 14.2.2 not syncing all contacts

@dch151 

Hi Dan,

The version and build of GMS you are running is exceptionally old so I do not know if what I'm going to suggest is even available in it. 

But try this, go to /opt/novell/datasync/tools/mcheck/

Run:  python mcheck.pyc

Option 2 (Users)

and run a check on the user account.  The resultant log file should show inconsistencies in the address books.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yes, that python script is available.  I ran it and got the following results:

Completed analysis for user: cn=xxx,o=YYY

Summary:

Device count: 2

No GroupWise configuration problem detected.

Mobility Folder structure problem detected

Email Summary (Inbox only)
GroupWise Inbox count: 1029
Mobility Inbox count (success): 846
Mobility Inbox count (failure): 183

Calendar Summary
GroupWise Calendar count: 1696
Mobility Calendar count (success): 1540
Mobility Calendar count (failure): 156

Contacts Summary
GroupWise Contacts count in synced books: 10326
Mobility Contacts count (success): 8582
Mobility Contacts count (failure): 1744

Log file location: /opt/novell/datasync/tools/mcheck/logs/xxx_2019-11-05T09:54:27.log

User problem detected. Do you want to correct the problem by re-initializing the user? (yes/no)

So I'll go ahead and run the re-initialize routine and see if that helps.

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How do I know when the re-initialization process finishes?  When I selected 'yes' to re-initialize the user, it just dropped me back to the menu after a second or so.  I assume that the re-initialization process is going on in the background. How can I see when it finishes?

Also, yes, we realize that the version of GW and the mobility service is old.  We are planning to update the whole system soon.

Thanks for the quick response, btw.

dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@dch151

Look in the GMS Admin Web Console at the status of the user account.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for your help.  I worked with MF tech support and ended up removing the user's account from the Mobility server as well as from his iPhone then re-installing them.  After an hour or so it appears that all his contacts have been restored.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.