Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

GW Mobility Outlook for Android issue

Hi,

I have a GW Mobility issue, where the Outlook for Android app keeps sending "Mark Read" operations for the same email continuously.

<markReadRequest>
<items>
<item>5EEB3683.XXX.XXX.100.1707439.1.22AFE.1</item>
</items>

But the item is already marked as read:

2020-06-18 14:50:17.076 DEBUG [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-10] [AppInterface:1427] [userID:xxx] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Skipping markReadRequest (item already marked read). ItemId: 5EEB3683.XXX.XXX.100.1707439.1.22AFE.1@1:577A8330.XXX.XXX.100.1707439.1.67.1@13

This is not the only email, there are a bunch of them repeating again and again. The Mobility cannot keep up and request are piling up in the queue. I tried to reinit the user, did gwchecks, rebuild the mailbox, disabled the device, resynced it. I've even asked the owner of the device to remove the mailbox from the phone, I did a reinit and added back the mailbox to the device. Nothing helped.
Have you every seen such behaviour? How can I handle this?
(The user is of course the CEO 🙂 )

Regards,
Gellert

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GW Mobility Outlook for Android issue

Are you able to log a service request for this?

Thanks

Tarik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sure, omw.

SR 101298354981 has been created.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@gehorvath, @tbaki

Gellert,

I've got ownership of your service request.  Check your email

Pam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Pam,

thank you, I am on it.

Gellert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.