Commodore
Commodore

GW Mobility Service long time till mails available

Hy

i have a problem, what ist for many month, but i have not time to solve it.

We implemented an GW Mobility Server to our GW18. Ther hole thing work, but it thakes very long, till new mails availible at the cellphone / Outlook, but if I send an mail from my cellphone, the mail is available right now. It take till an hour or longer till mails are available wich I still can see in the GW-Client on my PC. If there where 5 or 10 minutes, between the syncs between GW and GW Mobility Service, it where OK, but an hour is to long

But everytime I open the mail-app, or sync it, at my cellphone I can see the sync in the GW-Mobility-admin-console, but no new mails seen at my mail-app.

Is it it possible, that I forgot an setting or something?

Or can it be because our GW Server is GW 18.0.1 an the GW Mobility Service is version 18.2.1?

We now will bring the GW to the cellphone of our employees, but if it take so long, my phone rings all the day and they crying, thate the mail doesen´t send to them and our GW is brocken. ;(

Labels (1)
0 Likes
19 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@landrich 

The GroupWise POA notifies GMS that there are new events to be processed via a SLAP sent to the GMS server on port 4500

Sounds to me like port 4500 is not reachable on the GMS server from the POAs.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

And as Laura has already mentioned it (Port 4500 connectivity from POA to GMS), if the POA does not send any information to the GMS, then GMS will retrieve information from the postoffice - default value 60 minutes. That's the reason why you have to wait!

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

I'm fairly certain @laurabuckley and @Rimser have the solution for you.  Typically GMS is quite fast.  I have some users who comment that they sometimes see emails on their phone before it gets to the GW client on their PC.  However, I would recommend updating your server to current code.  Not because of this issue, but because there are lots of fixes (bug and security) that have been implemented since your version.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Is there an point on the POA, wich I maybe have forget to configure?

Because if I stop the firewall on de GW-Server and on the GMS-server, the sync doesn´t go faster, sometimes it take several hours till the Mails are on the cellphone.

If I understand it right the GMS comunicate directly withe the POA, but in the config of the POA I can´t find the point with Port 4500, maybe because we upgrade the GW-Server from GW12?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

The python process listening on port 4500 is active on the GMS server. You can change it in the GMS admin console if needed. Can you successfully telnet from the box running the POA to port 4500 on the GMS box?

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Just in case if you use DNS instead of ip adresses. Be sure that your poa server can telnet to the configured listen address via port 4500 (Mathias has mentioned this).

In your POA log you will find "GWevents" and maybe a GWevent error because your POA cannot speak to your GMS.

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

yes, I can succesfull telnet, via ip and by name of the gms-server

fs-gw-rathaus:~ # telnet fs-gms 4500
Trying 192.168.30.112...
Connected to fs-gms.
Escape character is '^]'.
test telnet
HTTP/1.1 400
Content-Length: 22
Content-Type: text/plain

Malformed Request-LineConnection closed by foreign host.

fs-gw-rathaus is the GW-Server and fs-gms is the gms server. If I understand it right, the connection is open by telnet, but the gms can´t understand "test telnet" and close the session, correct me if I´m wrong.

The GW-Server ist an SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 (64-Bit) mit OES15 and the GMS-Server is an SuSE Linux Enterprice 15

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Well, this sounds good.

Now check your dashboard at GMS if you see any problems.

And check your POA log if you see any GWevents (maybe turn on verbose logging).

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

This looks fine. Now we'll have to further track down the delay (which could be between POA and GMS, in GMS processing or between GMS and the devices). Start by setting the GMS loglevel to "debug". You'll have to restart services to enforce the setting. In a shell on the GMS box type

tail -F /var/log/datasync/connectors/groupwise-agent.log |grep -i lalaland

From a GW client, send a mail with subject "lalaland" to a GMS user. Wait until you see the message on the shell. Normally you should see it within the same second, it might take a little longer on a busy system.

BTW, which filesystem do you use on the GMS box?

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

good morning

I tried to log the mail in GMS.

at first time, directly after restart the GMS, after set loglevel to debug, it takes about an minute whene I see the mail in log

but several seconds later, it takes longer, much longer.

By the first mail, in POA-Log I can find

08:11:42 F74D Notifying client at: 192.168.10.11 Connection socket 22632 Bag ID 59210
08:11:42 F785 Distribute message from: LAndrich (LAndrich)
08:11:42 F785 Begin distribution to 1 users
08:11:42 041C Error with GWEvent notification [8926]: 192.168.30.112:4500
08:11:42 F785 Distributed: Testmann
08:11:42 F74D Notifying client at: 192.168.10.11 Connection socket 22632 Bag ID 59210
08:11:42 F785 Processing update: settings (bag) record (LAndrich)

The same on the second mail, but nothing in GMS-log

The GMS-log for the first mail looks like this

fs-gms:~ # tail -F /var/log/datasync/connectors/groupwise-agent.log |grep -i lal                                                                                                                                                             aland
2020-10-06 08:12:54.146 DEBUG [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-8] [gwconnectorlogic:1721] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] subject= lalaland
    <gwt:subject>lalaland</gwt:subject>
    <subject>lalaland</subject>

the GW-Server and the GMS-server are on the same network, the are an the same VM-Cluster, the are on the same physical-server too.

The filesystem of the GMS is BtrFS.

On the GMS, I but the number of seconds for polling the POA for Results down to 5, but I think for the GMS it´s just an number, it doesn´t matter which number I wrothe, it change nothing

EDIT: Now over 3 houres later I can see the Mails in the GMS-log

2020-10-06 11:44:18.187 DEBUG [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-9] [gwconnectorlogic:1721] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] subject= Lalaland
<gwt:subject>Lalaland</gwt:subject>
<subject>Lalaland</subject>
2020-10-06 11:44:18.627 DEBUG [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-9] [gwconnectorlogic:1721] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] subject= Antw: Lalaland
<gwt:subject>Antw: Lalaland</gwt:subject>
<subject>Antw: Lalaland</subject>
2020-10-06 11:44:19.316 DEBUG [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-9] [gwconnectorlogic:1721] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] subject= Antw: lalaland
<gwt:subject>Antw: lalaland</gwt:subject>
<subject>Antw: lalaland</subject>
2020-10-06 11:44:20.008 DEBUG [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-9] [gwconnectorlogic:1721] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] subject= lalaland
2020-10-06 11:44:20.436 DEBUG [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-9] [gwconnectorlogic:1721] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] subject= lalaland
2020-10-06 11:44:23.407 DEBUG [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-9] [gwconnectorlogic:1721] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] subject= lalaland

Mails where send between 08:15 and 08:27 .

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Well, there is the problem, loud and clear:

08:11:42 041C Error with GWEvent notification [8926]: 192.168.30.112:4500

Does your Groupwise Server have multiple IP addresses maybe? 

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.