Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

GW Structure Check - QF_VERIFICATION_ERR (code 0x103 )

My GroupWise System is Version 18.0.1

I run a weekly Content Check and a daily Structure Check.

The Structure Check for one specific users show the following error:

structural problem detected- QF_VERIFICATION_ERR (code 0x103 )

then indicates that 200K plus Pending Quick Finder Jobs.

The Content Check the day before the Structure Check show this user with no errors and only 20+ Pending Quick Finder Jobs.

I have tried a Structural Rebuild on the user, Update and Compress Index Files, Removed this users associated Index files, and then Rebuilding the users Indexes.

I can see in the logs at some point that the Indexing has completed, however on the next run of the Structure Check it shows the same QF_VERIFICATION_ERR and same number of 200K+ Pending Jobs.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix this user's Structure/Index issue? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GW Structure Check - QF_VERIFICATION_ERR (code 0x103 )

Hi @dkerbaugh 

With the POA log files in Verbose mode do you see any attempt to index on a specific mail/attachment that is failing?

How did you remove the index files and reindex the mailbox?

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I refer to this line: "I have tried a Structural Rebuild on the user, Update and Compress Index Files, Removed this users associated Index files, and then Rebuilding the users Indexes."

How did you start the reindex process. If I read your statements then you followed this TID: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7012997

However there is a stronger version for reindexing - did you change logging to diagnostics before (https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7017730)? But read the explanation - "This can be a very destructive ..."!

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Laura,

I do have the POA logging in Verbose mode. I don't see the indexing process complaining about a specific  mail/attachment, however, I will try and parse the log file for the indexing process.

Sadly, this users mailbox size is 46 Gig which makes the log interesting to following for the index process.

I have tried selecting the option to 'delete old index files' from the web gui as well as manually deleting the users idx and inc files from the /po/ofuser/index folder.

I actually have QuickFinder Indexing configured to run every 6 hours. Is there a chance that the manual index process would conflict the with every 6 hour index process or will the system only allow the 1 instance of the QuickFinder Indexing to run? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Rimser,

I have a hand full of users that require a regular Manual Indexing due to high Pending Jobs.

That is correct, I followed the TID, as well as other suggests posted by Laura in the past.

I've been real careful with respect to the "This can be a very destructive..."! as you pointed out and only ever Index a single user.

I will put logging in diagnostic mode and see if I can catch the error. I do suspect the failure is related to an attachment!

As I mentioned to Laura, 46Gig mailbox. That size has to be due to Attachments!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Size should not really be a problem. One of my customers has a mailbox larger than 200 GB (which is really crazy) because he uses GroupWise as archive. Yes, I have to re-index his mailbox sometimes because of pending jobs. And yes, I had to use the "diagostics mode" every time.

(I do not recommend such big mailboxes! But users do not understand - they suffer. Can you imagine to cache this mailbox - he suffers! This user is complaining that his mailbox is a little bit slow. And I have more users in this kind!)

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I removed the Index Files for my user with the QF_VERIFICATION_ERR and with the POA Logging in Diagnostic Mode ran the Compress and Index process.

Filtering through the logs, there were roughly 30K attachments Indexed. I see a few attachment names that I need to discuss with the user as they look corrupted. However, I wasn't able to find any specific errors related to the Re-Indexing.

Is there a specific error that I might grep for which occurs when the Indexing process has issues with an attachment?

Thanks, DK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Did you run "update and compress" or "delete and regenerate all"? The latter is only available after setting the loglevel to "diagnostic". And this is the very reason for setting it to "diagnostic" in this case:  to have the "delete and regenerate all" option available, which has been sort of hidden by default to keep folks from "simply" running it on a 4TB PO as daily maintenance...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thank you for pointing that out!

That's what Rimser was telling me to do and apparently I have issues with following instructions! I did in fact choose 'Update and Compress' sadly!

I will redo and this time 'Delete and Regenerate all Indexes'

Any insight on the choice to 'Index Document Library before User DB's'? That would only be necessary if the user has saved Documents in the Library correct?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

It likely won't be needed. Can't harm though. Just take care to run it only on the user in question, NOT on the entire PO.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.