Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GW deskop client "8503" errors

I have noticed that some of my users (less that 5%) have been experiencing a "GroupWise Error 8503. Could not connect to the specified network address. Either the server is down, the network is slow or an invalid address and port combination was specified". The affected users are on different PO's and geographic locations, so I don't anything in common with that, since most others are not affected. It is also strange that many of the affected users only seem to see the "8503" problem when switching between their calendar and mailbox. I upgraded users desktop clients that were on GW8 to GW2012sp1 and that has not resolved the issue (our backend servers are Linux Sles 11sp2 with GW2012sp1). Running user/mailbox maintenance also has no affect. I've found references to this type of error, but only in reference to proxy access issues, so not the same context as I'm seeing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GW deskop client "8503" errors

Hi

I have seen that error occur across sites and PO's. My cause was network latency/high utilization - proven by packet traces and LAN/WAN statistics. Perhaps that's where you should look?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your reply Laura. I'll talk to our network team and see if we can do some testing as well.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

My pleasure - please post back and let us know if you get to the bottom of this error.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.