Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

GW ldap address book and Admin Defined fields

Hello,

I try to create a web based address book, based on the data in GroupWise. To accomplish this, I've enabled LDAP on one of the Domains. When I do a search, I don't see the Admin Defined fields in the result. Is this normal? How can I get the Admin Defined fields over LDAP? These fields contains important informations for the company.

Thx,
Gellért
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW ldap address book and Admin Defined fields

gehorvath,

admin defined fiels correspond to LDAP fields in your directory service. I'd rather configure LDAP in your directory and see if the fields show up when you contact an eDir/AD server. I'm using a simple PHP script on a web server to do something similar. Groupwise is out of the game here.

Uwe

--
Micro Focus Knowledge Associate
0 Likes

Hello Uwe,

Currently I use an open source ldap address book from sourceforge.net and I really like its features, IMHO it is better the GW address book, and user without access to GW can search the directory. It is attached to eDirectory. The problem is the data source. Since GW is now directory independent, most of the GW groups, and every resource, nickname is not in eDir. Beside this, if a users visibility is set to NONE, eDir does not know about this and the user is displayed. And of course none of the external users are displayed. All of these problems could be solved with the LDAP server build into GW. Unfortunately the admin defined fields are not in GW LDAP. So I fall between two stools again.
Sounds like an idea to the portal, or I have to merge GW and eDir LDAP source into a third LDAP source.

Gellért
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

gehorvath wrote on 17.10.2016 11:16:
> Sounds like an idea to the portal, or I have to merge GW and eDir LDAP
> source into a third LDAP source.

Now that I understand your problem, I don't see any better solution 😕

Uwe

--
Micro Focus Knowledge Associate
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.