Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GW search problem

Hello!

I have discovered a very strange behavior with the search in groupwise client and i dont know exactly where to start.

In two different clients (2012 - 12.0.2/2014) with two diffenrent mailboxes i have discovered that the full text search and the search in the subject results are both ending about end of may 2014. I know that there are newer mails containing the phrases i searched for.

So where should i begin? Is there a search index which is causing this or some kind of bug?

Best regards,

Thomas
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GW search problem

Hi Thomas,

It sounds like your quickfinder indexing either isn't running or is not configured in an optimal manner.

What platform are you running your backend GroupWise system on?

Essentially, what I do, is start my QuickFinder Indexing at an offset of 2 after midnight. I then set the interval to every 4 hours. And then insure that it is set to unlimited: qflevel 999

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Laura!

Thank you for the hint. I have found our two DVA's were misconfigured. I have enabled SSL on them. And that was the reason that Quickfinder can't communicate with DVA and stopped indexing immediately.

So after this im seeing indexing messages again in POA logfile.

I also added the option to the poa config you have mentioned.

P.S.: Seems that i have done a double post of this Topic. Do you know who the moderator is of this section to report or how i can solve this?

Best regards,

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Thomas,

Glad that you came right. Thank you for reporting back - that way we all learn 🙂

Seeing as both of your threads have been replied to I would suggest just leaving them as they are.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.