Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GW14r2 sp3

I am hoping to upgrade my GW14,2 sp2 to sp3 this weekend. I see in the downloads there is the patch file but there is also a file called setupip_packs.zip

I don't see a reference to that file in the notes. Can someone tell me what it is and if I need it.

Thomas
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GW14r2 sp3

Hi Thomas,

The setupip_packs.zip contains the files needed for automatic client rollout.

I need to point out that committed support for GroupWise 2014R2 all versions including what you are upgrading to ended at the end of June. You need to consider upgrading to GroupWise 18.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi Laura. Thanks for the heads up. I have a plan to upgrade but it is complicated. Our govt funds MS software and some Novell/MF software for schools that includes GW. Somehow somewhere the latest contract negotiations are stalled so while I have access to the software I can't get a licence key. I had read somewhere I need a key. If I don't need a key then that I could upgrade. If I go down the 2018 path I'll probably move to a new server and do a migration.

Thomas

>>> laurabuckley<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 27/07/2018 11:54 PM >>>

Hi Thomas,

The setupip_packs.zip contains the files needed for automatic client
rollout.

I need to point out that committed support for GroupWise 2014R2 all
versions including what you are upgrading to ended at the end of June.
You need to consider upgrading to GroupWise 18.

Cheers,

--
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
laurabuckley's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=508881
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Thomas,

GroupWise 18 does require you to have a current/active maintenance contract. To license GroupWise 18 you don't use a license key specifically but rather authenticate to the Customer Care Center (NCC) to validate your maintenance agreement.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.