Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
1461 views

GW18.1 Admin Console - ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE

Upon upgrading to GW18.1, I can't access the admin console from Chrome - I get "ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE". It was working fine 10 minutes ago on 18.0.2. Chrome is the latest Version 70.0.3538.77

Fortunately it works fine in Edge and Firefox, so it's no problem. Just a heads up for those intrepid souls jumping on 18.1.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Have you tried deleting browser cache?

Norman
BahSIG Bahn-Signalbau GmbH
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

There appears to currently be an issue with the latest update to Chrome and it's implementation of TLS 1.3. Google are aware that in certain circumstances, for example, certain firewalls and other network devices and certain anti-virus software, the error you report is seen. Going to: chrome://flags and scrolling down to TLS 1.3 you can disable TLS 1.3 if you so wish.

Note that Firefox successfully negotiates a TLS 1.3 connection with the Admin Console.

I'll post back if/when I have further information.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

laurabuckley;2490008 wrote:
Hi,

There appears to currently be an issue with the latest update to Chrome and it's implementation of TLS 1.3. Google are aware that in certain circumstances, for example, certain firewalls and other network devices and certain anti-virus software, the error you report is seen. Going to: chrome://flags and scrolling down to TLS 1.3 you can disable TLS 1.3 if you so wish.

Note that Firefox successfully negotiates a TLS 1.3 connection with the Admin Console.

I'll post back if/when I have further information.

Cheers,


I tried disabling TLS 1.3 before I posted, as it seemed to be a commonly reported solution to ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE. It didn't help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

ok, that's weird... I tried disabling TLS 1.3 on my home PC and I was able to get into the Admin Console, so I RDP'd into my work PC which I was using yesterday and tried it again there, and now it works there too. Weird.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Disabling TLS1.3 in Chrome worked for me.

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.