Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

GW18.2.0: DVA: A Settings ignored?

Since update to GW18.2.0 the DVA spills up the storage ...

/oftemp/gwdva/probelm is filled with a lot of tmp-files. All the files has the extension tmp but this are different types of content (iso, zip, binary, ...)

It seems that the settings in the start file 'mydva.dva' ignored. Even the default values in startup.dva (7 days / 100 MB) seems to be ignored.

What is recommende to do?

(There are no files that have creation dates before we update to 18.2.0, so I assume that the issue start with the update)

(Maybe add the tag DVA to the tag list ...)

AddOn: What is the difference between /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/startup.dva and /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/share/gwdva.dva ? It seems that gwdva.dva will be crated when setup a new DVA (gwadminutil services -i -dva)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GW18.2.0: DVA: A Settings ignored?

It's yet another config file. The one to be used is defined in gwha.conf. "rcgrpwise status" will also show you which is currently in charge. Other than that i just had a look on an instance i've upgraded to 18-2-0 last weekend. It doesn't show the behaviour you're facing, so it's at least nothing general.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.