Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GW2014 Admin Web Console - SMTP Relay page bug?

First time in the 25 years GroupWise consulting experience that I've posted to the forums for help...

The SMTP (GWIA) Relay Settings (GWIA) page (of the GW2014 web admin console) seems to have a hard-coded limitation on the number of relay exceptions displayed in the "Exceptions (Allow)" scroll list. Only the first 100 records/entries are displayed, although the total count, displayed below the window, indicates the correct number (in our case 141).

This was originally a GW8 GWIA that was recently upgraded to GW2014, although the upgrade is not the cause, of course.

Utilizing the REST APIs (which BTW are very slick) I was easily able to generate a report that confirmed the existence of all 141 relay exceptions. So, fortunately, I have a means of verifying any additional records that may be entered.

Is anyone else aware of this GUI limitation? If so, is this limitation hard-coded or is there a properties page in which this can be altered?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rick
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW2014 Admin Web Console - SMTP Relay page bug?

This has been fixed, not sure when, but 14.0.2 build 121908 dated Oct 24 2015 is fine. There's a scroll bar to page thru the relay exceptions. And of course 1400R2 has the fix as well

--Morris

>>> rtheisen<rtheisen@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 2/23/2016 6:56 PM >>>

First time in the 25 years GroupWise consulting experience that I've

posted to the forums for help...

The SMTP (GWIA) Relay Settings (GWIA) page (of the GW2014 web admin

console) seems to have a hard-coded limitation on the number of relay

exceptions displayed in the "Exceptions (Allow)" scroll list. Only the

first 100 records/entries are displayed, although the total count,

displayed below the window, indicates the correct number (in our case

141).

This was originally a GW8 GWIA that was recently upgraded to GW2014,

although the upgrade is not the cause, of course.

Utilizing the REST APIs (which BTW are very slick) I was easily able to

generate a report that confirmed the existence of all 141 relay

exceptions. So, fortunately, I have a means of verifying any additional

records that may be entered.

Is anyone else aware of this GUI limitation? If so, is this limitation

hard-coded or is there a properties page in which this can be altered?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Rick

--

rtheisen

------------------------------------------------------------------------
rtheisen's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=161645

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=497025
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Morris. Appreciate the quick reply.

We're on 14.0.2 (build 120664) dated July 9, 2015 which seems to be the latest officially available patch. The scroll bar is present, but as i said, the scroll list is limited to the first 100.

Has the later build (121908 dated Oct 24 2015) you mentioned been officially or otherwise released? I'm not able to find it.. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks, again.

Rick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The build that Morris mentions would be what we call an "FTF" (Field Test File), and you should be able to get it by opening an SR. And of course, GW 2014 R2 is a different version entirely (think like Windows 2008/2008R2, etc.), and would require a system upgrade to use. So you have two current paths - the first is opening an SR for the FTF, the second is to upgrade the system from 14.0.2 to 14.2 (which is GW 2014 R2).

Hope that helps!
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Danita. Appreciate your help as well.

I am familiar with FTFs, and I was assuming as such. However, the R2 path makes the most sense.

Thanks, again.

Rick Theisen
Dynamic Networking Solutions, Inc.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.