Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GW8 Client installation problem

Hi all,

I tried to install the GW8 client on my WinXP station.

During first time, I got a error about failed to modify something in the registry.

So I tried remove my GW7 first then installed it.

I could not login after installed it. I got the error like: The views for your installation are installed correctly. Contact your system administrator.

I copied the the views from the GW8 client install views directory to the Post Office views directory as mentioned on other post. Did not help.

After I restarted my PC again, I got the message like: The procedure entry point??1xpatring@@QAE@XZ could not be lacated in the dynamic link library GWXPLT1.dll.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 Client installation problem

Sorry for a mistake. The second error was The views for installation are not installed correctly.
0 Likes
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 Client installation problem

haige wrote:

> So I tried remove my GW7 first then installed it.

Why ?

Uninstall the GW7 client....

Run a cleaning agent, like this one:

http://www.messagingarchitects.com/products/free-gw-tools/email-essentials/cleanit.html

Then install the GW8 client

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Sorry, but no support through email
Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.