Highlighted
jon_spangler Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2251 views

GW8 HP2?

When is this coming out?

Will it fix the problem with WebAccess giving us a "503 - Service Unavailable" and having to restart Apache & Tomcat?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

jon spangler wrote:
> When is this coming out?
>
> Will it fix the problem with WebAccess giving us a "503 - Service
> Unavailable" and having to restart Apache & Tomcat?
>
>

It will come out the day it is released. Novelll doesn't give firm dates.

And no one knows what it ontains 🙂
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GW8 HP2?

jon spangler wrote:

>
> When is this coming out?
>
> Will it fix the problem with WebAccess giving us a "503 - Service
> Unavailable" and having to restart Apache & Tomcat?


Is that a proper bug ? 503 means that apache's httpd can't communicate
with tomcat.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

Edward van der Maas wrote:
> jon spangler wrote:
>
>> When is this coming out?
>>
>> Will it fix the problem with WebAccess giving us a "503 - Service
>> Unavailable" and having to restart Apache & Tomcat?

>
> Is that a proper bug ? 503 means that apache's httpd can't communicate
> with tomcat.
>

Furthermore if this is apache 2.2, that's pretty much a normal issue
with mod_proxy (sigh)
0 Likes
jon_spangler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

mikebell90;1787093 wrote:
Edward van der Maas wrote:

Furthermore if this is apache 2.2, that's pretty much a normal issue
with mod_proxy (sigh)


We are using GW8HP1 on a NetWare 6.5 SP7 server.

Server is running Apache 2.59 and Tomcat 4

Kiran said that HP2 would be out "in a couple of days" and that was on April 27th....
0 Likes
jon_spangler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

mikebell90;1787051 wrote:
jon spangler wrote:

It will come out the day it is released. Novelll doesn't give firm dates.

And no one knows what it ontains 🙂


Kiran said it would be out "in a couple of days" and that was on April 27th.

What is your definition of this?
0 Likes
jon_spangler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

edmaa;1787086 wrote:
jon spangler wrote:
Is that a proper bug ? 503 means that apache's httpd can't communicate
with tomcat.


We are painfully aware of this --- it happens when GWHP1 WebAccess has been running for a day or two or three.

Seems to work okay for awhile, and then suddenly, we get a 503 error, and have to reload Apache and Tomcat.

Hoping that GW8 HP2 will solve this issue.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

On Thu, 07 May 2009 10:56:01 +0000, jon spangler wrote:

> Kiran said it would be out "in a couple of days" and that was on April
> 27th.
>
> What is your definition of this?


"soon"



--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 is ready for action.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

Odd, is this something supposedly everyone is getting? I haven't seen this
at all... 2 possible diffs in my environment though:

- NW65SP8
- The WebAccess agent was a new one, that is when I installed I created a
new eDir object and gateway subdirectory (as my access control list is
pretty easy to recreate)

HTH
James

"jon spangler" <jon_spangler@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:jon_spangler.3rtbfc@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> edmaa;1787086 Wrote:
>> jon spangler wrote:
>> Is that a proper bug ? 503 means that apache's httpd can't communicate
>> with tomcat.
>>

>
> We are painfully aware of this --- it happens when GWHP1 WebAccess has
> been running for a day or two or three.
>
> Seems to work okay for awhile, and then suddenly, we get a 503 error,
> and have to reload Apache and Tomcat.
>
> Hoping that GW8 HP2 will solve this issue.
>
>
> --
> jon_spangler
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> jon_spangler's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14990
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=371735
>



0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GW8 HP2?

Hi,

JJB wrote:
>
> Odd, is this something supposedly everyone is getting? I haven't seen this
> at all... 2 possible diffs in my environment though:


Certainly not. I support a +2500 user WA install (roughly 500 Users
concurrently at any given time), and while it has quite massive problems
in GW8HP1 (which are being ironed out by Novell right now), I've not
once seen tomcat die. All problems are gwinter and gwdva abends,
eventually leading to a slow system.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
grimlock1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

jon spangler wrote:
> When is this coming out?
>
> Will it fix the problem with WebAccess giving us a "503 - Service
> Unavailable" and having to restart Apache & Tomcat?
>
>

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/8251/here-whats-coming

Hot Patches: We will be releasing within the next week or so a new Hot
Patch for both GroupWise 7 and GroupWise 8. Please watch for this
announcement. The patch is in final validation and we are working on a
just a few details. This will be 7.0.3 HP3 and 8.0.0 HP2.

GroupWise 8.0.1: We will be in extended authorized beta in June and we
plan to release at the end of the summer. September is the target.
Everything appears to be on track and all quality metrics indicate a
very solid, reliable release.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

This is why release dates aren't given, software development isn't an
exact science and nobody likes being called out.

jon spangler wrote:
> Kiran said that HP2 would be out "in a couple of days" and that was on
> April 27th....
>
>

0 Likes
jon_spangler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

Thank you Patrick,

Looking forward to HP2....

Did you say a week? Or 2?

Like before the end of May?

Aloha,
Jonathan

>>> Patrick Farrell<pfarrell@packereng.com> 5/8/2009 9:07:13 AM >>>


jon spangler wrote:
> When is this coming out?
>
> Will it fix the problem with WebAccess giving us a "503 - Service
> Unavailable" and having to restart Apache & Tomcat?
>
>

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/8251/here-whats-coming

Hot Patches: We will be releasing within the next week or so a new Hot
Patch for both GroupWise 7 and GroupWise 8. Please watch for this
announcement. The patch is in final validation and we are working on a
just a few details. This will be 7.0.3 HP3 and 8.0.0 HP2.

GroupWise 8.0.1: We will be in extended authorized beta in June and we
plan to release at the end of the summer. September is the target.
Everything appears to be on track and all quality metrics indicate a
very solid, reliable release.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

On Sun, 17 May 2009 04:16:15 +0000, Jonathan Spangler wrote:

> Thank you Patrick,
>
> Looking forward to HP2....
>
> Did you say a week? Or 2?


He didn't say anything. He simply copy-and-pasted Dean's blog entry.
Please click on the link in Patrick's post for further details.


--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 is ready for action.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
jon_spangler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GW8 HP2?

Joe,

I see that - so "a week or two" puts it at May 21st.

Certainly by end of May, right?

Aloha,
Jonathan

jmarton;1792555 wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2009 04:16:15 +0000, Jonathan Spangler wrote:

> Thank you Patrick,
>
> Looking forward to HP2....
>
> Did you say a week? Or 2?


He didn't say anything. He simply copy-and-pasted Dean's blog entry.
Please click on the link in Patrick's post for further details.


--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 is ready for action.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.