Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GW8 Spell checker error

A user is getting the error 'Cannot load spell checker resource module' when spell checking an email before sending it. We have uninstalled, ran cleaner, reinstalled GW but it is still giving the error. We are running GW8 SP2. It has been working for over an year and this suddenly happened. I ran an utility I was pointed to at www.dependencywalker.com. I have the results if needed. What can I do to fix this??
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GW8 Spell checker error

Hi,

If the customer in question uses a different PC does the problem still exist?

Let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It does not. We installed GW on another computer and logged in as that user. Spell check worked fine.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Hate to say it, but.... user profile corruption somewhere. I suggest recreating the user profile. If it doesn't follow the user it is PC related.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.