Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

GWDVA SSL setup

Hopefully a simple question,

Rebuilt a GW system after a ransomware attack and going to try again to test out GW Web.  Currently running 18.2.1 on SLES 12 SP5.

All of my POAs, MTAs, GWIA and WebAccess use SSL. I noticed that I never setup my DVA for SSL, and the GW Web documentation says it is required.

Is it as simple as clicking the "Enable SSL" checkbox in the Document Viewer Agent config in the Groupwise Administrator Console?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GWDVA SSL setup

@bkesting Hi,

In the dva config file you need to point to SSL certificates.  I typically just point to my system generated MTA certs.  I copy the cert and key to the DVA server and point to them.

Cheers

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Okay, makes sense.  So I have multiple MTAs (and POAs), just pick the one for say the primary domain MTA and put that in /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/startup.dva?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

So what does that little checkbox in the DVA section of the Groupwise Admin Console do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The little check box tells the POA that the DVA is SSL enabled and that SSL communication must be used.

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Got it....thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

So my groupwise certs are in .crt/.key format. Am I reading the startup.dva file correctly that the cert needs to be in .pem format for the DVA? Is there an easy way to convert these to .pem?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@bkesting wrote:
So my groupwise certs are in .crt/.key format. Am I reading the startup.dva file correctly that the cert needs to be in .pem format for the DVA? Is there an easy way to convert these to .pem?

OpenSSL Cryptography and SSL/TLS Toolkit

openssl x509 -in cert.crt -out cert.pem

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Kevin.

Another question:  does the key file also have to be included in .pem format?  Or do the two files (.crt and .key) need to be merged into one .pem file like GMS requires?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I guess I can just try it and see what happens. Just curious if the key file also needs to be in .pem format and if the cert and key file need to be combined like they have to be for GMS.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@bkesting wrote:

I guess I can just try it and see what happens. Just curious if the key file also needs to be in .pem format and if the cert and key file need to be combined like they have to be for GMS.

Sorry, I don't know. I was aware of the utility and thought it would help but I don't know what the application(s) need.

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

No worries.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.