Sebbo09
New Member.

GWIA 18.1 crashes when using POP3

Hi all,

I updated my Groupwise 2014 2.2 on a OES 2015 Linux server to Groupwise 18.1. I went trough all upgradesteps so that my databases are now 1810. I then upgraded the server to OES 2018 witout any problems.

Groupwise is running fine except for POP3 sessions. I can connect via POP3 to the GWIA and download mails, but as soon as the POP3-session is over, the GWIA crashes and stops. It doesnt matter if I use SSL or not, the result is the same. I can immidiately restart the gwia, but there are no entrys of the whole POP3-session in the logfiles. I have deleted and recreated the GWIA already, but this doesnt help.

Has anybody seen this problem too or has any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks and best regards,
Sebastian
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GWIA 18.1 crashes when using POP3

Which loglevel are you running on?
0 Likes
Sebbo09
New Member.

mathiasbraun;2493019 wrote:
Which loglevel are you running on?

I´m running on loglevel diagnostic and I also tried verbose to be sure.

Best regards,
Sebastian
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sebastian,

I highly recommend following/implementing this TID as soon as possible: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7019037

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Sebbo09
New Member.

laurabuckley;2493023 wrote:
Hi Sebastian,

I highly recommend following/implementing this TID as soon as possible: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7019037

Cheers,

Hi Laura,

thanks, that TID did the job! POP3 is running fine now.

Best regards,
Sebastian
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sebastian,

It's a pleasure to assist you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.