Highlighted
New Member.

GWIA Not Starting after Upgrade to 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue trying to start the GWIA 2012.2 on Server 2012. I will also add that this is a forklift upgrade from Linux which was running gw 8.0HP3.

I have successfully moved and upgraded the Domain and PO's without any issue. works a treat. but when I try to start the GWIA it returns the error:

"Agent root directory does not Exist: mail:\domain\wpgate\gwia"

I am starting the gwia with the gwia.cfg file and it has the dhome directory switch set to the mail wpgate directory under the domain that was copied over from the SLES GW8 system. I have updated the exepath.cfg file correctly with the UNC and the <cr> at the end.

I am using the existing GWIA object in Edirectory, I have modified the properties etc with the new IP, queue directory, version and host OS etc but it will still not load. I have found that when I right click on the GWIA in C1 and choose "display Information", when I scroll to the bottom of the Groupwise object information, it shows the UNC path as being the Linux box UNC path the wpagte\gwia folder.

I have rebuilt the domain DB, still doesn't load. I am at a loss. does anyone have any suggestions as to why I am getting this error, but also where I can change the UNC path for the GWIA object.

Cheers,

Trev.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GWIA Not Starting after Upgrade to 2012

Hi.

On 24.10.2013 04:46, trevorings wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am having an issue trying to start the GWIA 2012.2 on Server 2012. I
> will also add that this is a forklift upgrade from Linux which was
> running gw 8.0HP3.
>
> I have successfully moved and upgraded the Domain and PO's without any
> issue. works a treat. but when I try to start the GWIA it returns the
> error:
>
> "*Agent root directory does not Exist: mail:\domain\wpgate\gwia*"
>
> I am starting the gwia with the gwia.cfg file and it has the dhome
> directory switch

What about the home switch in gwia.cfg? In doubt, please post it.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Massimo,

switches are

/home-E:\Mail\slcdom\wpgate\gwia
/dhome-E:\Mail\slcdom\wpgate\gwia

if I change it to the UNC same thing. the only thing I can think of is a permissions issue, but I changed the permissions as a test on the folders to be user Full control and still same issue.

I am also interested to know why the UNC path still shows the Linux box the GWIA directory came form.

Cheers,

Trev.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 24.10.2013 12:16, trevorings wrote:
>
> Hi Massimo,
>
> switches are
>
> /home-E:\Mail\slcdom\wpgate\gwia
> /dhome-E:\Mail\slcdom\wpgate\gwia

But those are totally wrong on linux, even on Netware. They would only
work on Windows. 😉

Put in the proper *local* linux path to your gwia directory. UNC is
wrong too (linux knows nothing about unc, that's a windows term).

E.G /path/to/your/gw/domain/wpgate/gwia

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Massimo,

I am on Windows. I have moved the GW8 environment from SLES onto a Windows Server 2012 system and done the upgrade there.

The paths I have listed are for Windows, on the Windows Server 2012 running GroupWise 2012.2- everything runs perfectly except the GWIA with the error listed.

cheers,

Trev.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

To be honest, its not recommended ( by me at least ) to recycle the GWIA objects when doing these sorts of operations. Just create a new GWIA, name it GWIA2012 or whatever. Don't get me wrong, you can still try to "rehab" the GWIA you have, I've just never wasted the time trying.

Its most likely that the Platform is still set to Linux rather than Windows. Check the GWIA object in Console One.

Also, are you confident the Domain this GWIA is attached to is starting and its database is upgraded to 2012? Check the database version in Console One or the MTA's HTTP management pages. The platform type needs to be set correctly on that as well.

-- Bob
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Bob, thankyou for replying.

I will clear this up for everyone-

-the GWIA is not starting. the error I have listed is as far as I get.
-I have checked all the config files, they are correct.
-The object within edirectory has been manually changed to reference v12 & Platform=windows

I have inserted the below graphic for reference. I have just tried to create a new GWIA and get the same error on the new GWIA.

Trev.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

SOLVED>

One of my Colleagues (fresh Eyes) found that the path listed in the error was at the bottom of the cfg file. I must have looked at the file a 1000 times.!:o

Thankyou for all your help. what I will add is, the process we followed we have a fully operational GW 2012 system, picked up from SLES on GW8 and upgraded on Server 2012.

Cheers,

Trev.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.