wnfrost Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GWIA issue shortly after 2014r2hp1 upgrade from 2014

A few hrs after upgrading GWIA started bouncing all external email

Message #XXXXX to user@domain bounced by destination server. Reason: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error ('530', ['Authentication required']

A restart of GWIA resolved that for a few days then it started again but this time restarting GWIA did not resolve it.
We were not using the –forceinboundauth switch in the gwia.cfg so this did not make any sense to us. So we came up with a workaround solution. Use the –forceinboundauth switch.
We still do not have any idea why. I hope it works and is not just a coincidence. Just putting this out there in case someone has the same issue or know why this happened.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GWIA issue shortly after 2014r2hp1 upgrade from 2014

Hi Wallace,

I have not experienced this and, to date, have not seen this issue raised before. If it continues to happen I suggest that you open a Service Request with Novell/Microfocus and get them to take a look at this.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
wnfrost Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We did open a service request. After trying many things this is the only option that seems to work consistently. Hoping it stays that way.

thanks
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Wallace,

Let's hope that you have a long term solution here. Thanks for the feedback - that way we all learn.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.