Commander
Commander

GWIA routing

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

I got stuck and hope that someone can show me a way out.

The current GW-System (18.2.1) is quite simple structured:
- 1 MTA
- 1 GWIA
- 8 POAs
(2 ext. Dom. and POAs for addressing external Users via system adressbook)
GWIA is not directly connected to Internet, but relaying to an E-Mail Gateway. We use route.cfg to transfer mails for several domains (> 6000) over a separate -non public- network connection and a separate relay; the E-Mail Gateway was not able to be configured for this amount of exceptions.
My problem refers to the user accounts in one poa (lets call them customers).
The user-accounts in POA1 are masked as **PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED** when sending Mail, while incoming Mails are forwarded from external Mail-Server to **PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED** (like all other accounts; the customer's Domain MX-record was not wanted to be switched).
These user-accounts in POA1 shall now no longer send over the separate -non public- network connection, they must only use the relay to the default Internet.
How can this be accomplished ?
Second GWIA with default routing over Internet, but how to force the outgoing traffic from POA1 to the second GWIA ?
Right now I feel like being caught in a trap, probably someone can give me hint how this can be solved.

If more Information is needed, just ask.

Thanks in advance

Stefan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Stefan,

hmm, routing is not possible via POAs. Only domains/MTAs have a possibility to configure routing. Not only internal mails, but external mails to GWIAs too. At domain level you can decide which GroupWise domain will use which GWIA.

So your possibility to solve this problem can be to create a new domain together with a new postoffice. Now you have to move all those users from POA1 to the new postoffice (you cannot move a postoffice to a domain). At domain level you can configure which GWIA will be used. Maybe the new domain will contain the new GWIA too.

Creating a new additional domain has another big advantage for you. My recommendation is run a GroupWise system ALWAYS with 2 or domains. In case of troubles you can repair a corrupted database if you have more than one domain.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Stefan,

hmm, routing is not possible via POAs. Only domains/MTAs have a possibility to configure routing. Not only internal mails, but external mails to GWIAs too. At domain level you can decide which GroupWise domain will use which GWIA.

So your possibility to solve this problem can be to create a new domain together with a new postoffice. Now you have to move all those users from POA1 to the new postoffice (you cannot move a postoffice to a domain). At domain level you can configure which GWIA will be used. Maybe the new domain will contain the new GWIA too.

Creating a new additional domain has another big advantage for you. My recommendation is run a GroupWise system ALWAYS with 2 or domains. In case of troubles you can repair a corrupted database if you have more than one domain.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions

View solution in original post

Commander
Commander
Hello Diethmar,

thanks you for the fast reply - and sorry for my late response.
I have read several times the recommendation for a second domain to be prepared for troubles with domain database, but had yet no time to set it up. But it seems as if the time has come to do so.
Thank you and stay healthy.

Stefan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.