croftonhouse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GWMonitor lists GWIA as state Unknown

We've been having issues with GroupWise ever since we upgraded to Linux. Today's issue is the GWIA web interface. Whenever I try to connect to our gwia web interface directly on port 9850 it redirects me to GWMonitor.
And under GWMon it lists all of the GroupWise components as running normally except the GWIA.
The GWIA state is unknown. I've tried changing the port, restarting groupwise, restarting the server, changing the HTTP username and password in C1,

Normal 0 d 1 h 6 m crofton MTA 0 d 1 h 10 m 0 0 Linux 8.0.2 (12/11/2010)
Unknown 0 d 1 h 11 m GWIA.crofton GWIA 0 d 0 h 0 m N/A N/A ?
Normal 0 d 1 h 6 m po.crofton POA 0 d 1 h 10 m N/A N/A Linux 8.0.2 (12/11/2010)
Normal 0 d 1 h 6 m webacc.crofton WEBACC 0 d 1 h 10 m N/A N/A Linux 8.0.2 (12/11/2010)

Name GWIA.crofton
Type GWIA
Address SERVER-IP:9850
Poll Type XML
State Unknown

It was set to SNMP but I brought down GWMon and then Restarted the GWIA and then brought GWMon back up and it set to XML. But the same error either way.
I also made sure that the port 9850 was not in use by something else while both were down.

Tyler
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: GWMonitor lists GWIA as state Unknown

Of course right after posting this thread it switched to not listening. 😕
0 Likes
elagrew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, when we switched to Linux, our GroupWise issues pretty much went away. Exact opposite of what you site. I guess YMMV.

This would not be on the other side of a Firewall by chance? Check that. You should also be able to telnet to the port if it is running and you have connectivity.

--El

croftonhouse;2122467 wrote:
Of course right after posting this thread it switched to not listening. 😕

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I checked the firewall. It's not the problem. I've tried with an exception and turning it off.
What I don't get is why the GWIA web interface redirects me to GWMon. It's like the monitor hijacks that port when it loads. (Starting the GWIA first then the monitor doesn't change it)

My manager and I both regret our upgrade to 8 and to Linux!
At least the system is up and running now. Hopefully it will stay that way.
I can live with the GWIA web access not working... it just annoys me that it, too, doesn't work.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.