Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

GWPNS to only accept connections using TLS1.2 or above

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024762

On August 10th, Micro Focus is planning on moving GWPNS to only accept connections using TLS1.2 
or above.

This will affect customers using Messenger 3.x iOS clients connected to a 3.x backend.  This will also affect those CalDav customers who have specifically disabled TLS1.2 as the old NPNS did not support TLS1.2.

For Messenger 3.x customers, the solution will be to upgrade to Messenger 18.x.  For CalCav customers, the change will need to be made to the configuration files to disallow TLS versions before 1.2.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Pardon my ignorance...

What is GWPNS? I don't recognize the acronym and neither does Google!

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@KBOYLE 

Thanks for that catch...sometimes we get so used to using acronyms that we forget to spell them out.  This one is GroupWise Push Notification Service.   This is mostly used by the Messenger mobile clients.  Calendar Publisher also uses it.  Up to the date of this change, the server has only been using the earlier versions of TLS.  

Hope this helps 🙂

Pam

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

GroupWise Push Notification Server/Service Or something like that. It's what allows us to push notifications to Apple devices even when the app isn't active.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.