Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GWclient 14.2.1:multi user / column add user access denied

Anybody experiencing the following with the new (rebranded) GW client 14.2.1 re-branded Micro Focus

A couple of users started reporting that either the multi calendar view (which functioned 100% correctly with GW client 14.2.0) crashes, OR that they cannot add more users to their view. Especially in this last situation, and just after upgrading the client to 14.2.1 rebranded:

- co-workers that WERE visible in the multi-calendar view just disappeared
- trying to re-add the co-workers in the multi-calendar view -> user can be selected, but the final check box to (re-)add the coworkers is greyed out. Pressing the OK button will result in an "access denied"

Reverting to the previous 14.2.0 client immediately resolves the problem: all users previously visible in the multi calendar view are immediately visible again, and additional co-workers can be added to the view without error message.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GWclient 14.2.1:multi user / column add user access deni

Hi,

Please confirm your client build number - there have been some updates to it since the original [Micro Focus] release.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

14.2.1 / 124595

Installed languages DE EN NL
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Please confirm... is this happening only if the Calendar tab is clicked on the toolbar at the top of the screen. Or is it also happening if you browse to the calendar using the menu list down the left-hand side?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

Just now did the test...happens in both cases

Cheers

Jan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jan,

Ok, I'm not sure now why you are having this issue 😞 I recommend that you open a Service Request with Micro Focus to get a newer version of the client and to let the engineers take a look at this.

Please do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

I will do so, but if I understand you correctly: is there a newer version (newer than 124595 of the client (available on request)?

Thx & cheers,

Jan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jan,

Yes, technical support can give you a 125xxx build on request.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thx a bunch Laura!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.