Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Garbled text on iphone

Today one of my customers called for garbled text received in the iphone-mail.
Body-text appears in garbled (chinese) text (characters).
Same mail reads in GroupWise-8-client without issues.

Tried all kind of things, but am out of ideas now.

Maybe, and i hope really, an update of Novell Data Synchronizer is helping me out.

Right now we are using Novell Data Synchronizer 1.2.4 build 966.

Connectors:
GroupWise: 1.2.4.3353
Mobility: 1.2.4.3432

Engine:
default: 1.2.4.3432

Can anyone shine some light, please.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

autkr647;2257229 wrote:
Today one of my customers called for garbled text received in the iphone-mail.
Body-text appears in garbled (chinese) text (characters).
Same mail reads in GroupWise-8-client without issues.

Tried all kind of things, but am out of ideas now.

Maybe, and i hope really, an update of Novell Data Synchronizer is helping me out.

Right now we are using Novell Data Synchronizer 1.2.4 build 966.

Connectors:
GroupWise: 1.2.4.3353
Mobility: 1.2.4.3432

Engine:
default: 1.2.4.3432

Can anyone shine some light, please.

What verision of GW, there are som fixes in GW8SP3 and 2012?

Also take a look at these TID's:

Support | French Accented or Swedish or Umlaut Characters garbled on iOS 5

Support | Some messages show up garbled on device

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you ever get this problem resolved? We are having the same issues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have an issue with LG Spectrum 2 (Android 4.1)...the user installed the Google Keyboard app and since then all messages sent from GroupWise mail account on the device have garbled text in the body. Even after uninstalling the Google Keyboard app. His Gmail and other accounts are all still functioning though.

I have removed the GW account from the device and Data Sync server, rebooted the device and server, added everything back, but to no avail. Perhaps factory reset on the device would help, but not an option for the user.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are having the same problem with one LG Spectrum 2. Exact same situation. Gmail works fine. GW client works fine. She does not remember install the Google keyboard app. We are going to try a factory reset, will let you know the results.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Google keyboard app was not installed on the phone and user did not want to do a hard reset. So, I opened a SR with Novell and they sent me a fix to the problem. You must be running version 1.2.5 build 299. Fix replaces the following 3 files: mobility_util.pyc, sendMail.pyc and smartFoward.pyc. Reference "bug_819843_patch when contacting Novell.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great! I just applied the patch and it worked. Thanks for updating me about this. Hope it helps others as well.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tamideemer;2271456 wrote:
Google keyboard app was not installed on the phone and user did not want to do a hard reset. So, I opened a SR with Novell and they sent me a fix to the problem. You must be running version 1.2.5 build 299. Fix replaces the following 3 files: mobility_util.pyc, sendMail.pyc and smartFoward.pyc. Reference "bug_819843_patch when contacting Novell.

Any way to get these 3 files without having to open an SR? We are on version 1.2.5 build 299 and one of our users who has an LG MyTouchQ Model LG-C800 with Android 2.3.6 is experiencing this problem (sending email from device, text is garbage on receiving end) too.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

As far as I'm aware you will have to open an SR. It is a known bug and thus the SR will be refunded - to the best of my knowledge!

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.