Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Granting a group access control to another group

We are running Groupwise 2014 R2 HP1
Basically I have a GroupWise group (IT Group) that I want to have access control over another Group (Site A Group) so they can modify it . In the admin console, under the Site A Group -> Access Control -> People who can Modify this Group, when I click on ADD it does give me the option to add a group, but after it has been added, it doesn't appear that the users in the IT Group have rights to modify this Group in the client.
Is this working as designed?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Granting a group access control to another group

Hi

To be honest, I think you have stumbled across a bug as I am able to duplicate. If in a position to do so please open a Service Request to get the engineers to look at this. Keep us posted please.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Just to let you know that I am asking around in the back rooms to see if this can be confirmed as a bug or not. I'll post back when I get feedback.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Laura. I did submit an SR on June 21 and am waiting to hear back from Support on this. I did send them a status update request earlier this am.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Please send me your SR number - private message or here, whatever you feel comfortable with.

Thanks,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Laura I pm'd you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Catia,

PM received 🙂

I'll do some follow up for you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I received a response from Novell just now - it looks like it is a bug and has been submitted to development.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Excellent. The feedback that I've just received is that your SR is getting attention 🙂 Did they give you a bug number? If so please send it to me.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for looking into this Laura. Novell replied indicating "we could not find a bug exactly like this one and for that reason we are in the process of creating a bug ticket specific to this issue where I can add your email to it so you are notified when a fix is available"
Is this standard operating procedure?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Yes this is to be expected. Having said that, if you don't have a bug number within the next day or two then please shout in my direction. Should you get the bug number please send it along to me.

Keep us updated 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.