Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

GroupWise 18.2.1 - adding an new domain

Yesterday I experienced a strange installation issue.

New server, GroupWise binaries have been installed. Then I try to use "configure" to add a new domain (and gwia). I run through the add process using my browser but afterwards my domain is unable to start.

After some investigations I have found out that creating the domain was successful but the process of creating has forgotten to copy dictionary files into the domain directory. After taking care of this (manual copy) my domain started without any issues.

Well, if it happens once then I call it bad luck. But I had to create 4 domains and this problem reappeared every time ...

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
Labels (3)
8 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: GroupWise 18.2.1 - adding an new domain

Hi Diethmar,

we have also observed this behavior several times.
There is a TID for these or similar problems, the application of which has already helped us many times in advance to avoid difficulties when creating new domains and / or post offices:

Unable to install secondary domain, a new post office

This TID may be helpful to others

Regards
Thomas

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Good TID @thomasweis 

However I see it as bug which should be recorded and fixed. Unfortunately it hit a university in this case which cannot open easily SRs because of license restrictions.

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@Rimser wrote:

However I see it as bug which should be recorded and fixed. Unfortunately it hit a university in this case which cannot open easily SRs because of license restrictions.

Have you seen this?

Report a Software Defect (bug)

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Thank you, Kevin. I used it immediately ...

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Did it give you an SR number?  If so, can I have that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I have tried to enter a bug report but I will end up with "404 page not found" when I send it.

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@Rimser wrote:

I have tried to enter a bug report but I will end up with "404 page not found" when I send it.

I'm sorry, Diethmar.

I used it last year to report a bug and also got a "404 page not found". I reported it and assumed it had been resolved. The other thing I complained about was that there was no feedback link to report issues like that.

@probello Are you able to open an SR to get it resolved or else get the page removed?

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

So I have submitted the defect on his behalf.  I have reported the page issue to our IS team, so hopefully some day...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.