Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

GroupWise 18.3 upgrade - success or fail

Jump to solution

I have upgraded the first environments to GroupWise 18.3. My own has been upgraded almost a month ago, some others I have upgraded a week ago - the last one - a large one - 30 minutes ago.

I did not have any troubles - GroupWise troubles. If hard discs are out of disc space, it  is not GroupWise related 😎!

Do not forget that you can still stay on WebAccess 18.2.1 because you need features which the new web client cannot offer now.

How are your experiences? How are your impressions?

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
30 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

OK? I stayed on 18.2.1 Webaccess. But it works. And for the happy few I use the nieuw webclient, latest build  - without signatures ;( . This works as designed.

The GroupWise client 18.3 does not have any problems. I have tested webaccess, client and new webclient behind Advanced Authentication. That works very well!

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Xmas holidays and New Year are perfect to upgrade or change systems. I upgraded a lot of GW systems in these days. There were only two cases where an issue occurred (LDAPs in both cases, check the whole thread to get the SR number). All my upgrades were fast and easy.

Well we want to have more features, we long for a better integration to other products and we wish more progress. But please honor that updating GroupWise is so easy and so fast! Not only this version - many other versions before too!

Diethmar Rimser

View solution in original post

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Success. I even got gwweb to work fine. ... Just can't figure out how to automatically restart to docker stuff. ... Also, lack of clear concise documentation is troubling. ... I see several ambiguous posts restarting gwweb. Nothing definitive.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral
docker run --restart unless-stopped
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thanks

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@DH2 , give @RaveNet a hug Like!

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

thanks @Rimser , I like digital hugs... it's so lonely out here.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.