Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GroupWise 2012 Client not receiving emails but WebAccess is

I have employee who has not been receiving emails in their Windows Client but the emails are in the Webaccess console. The emails show up under UnOpened Items. Once the email is moved from Unopened item to the mailbox the Windows Client can see the email.

The Windows GroupWise Client can send emails out without issue.

What can be causing this?

Sincerely,
Ken

Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: GroupWise 2012 Client not receiving emails but WebAcces

I'm betting they have messed up their view or search criteria. That items show up in unread mail and disappear after you read them means everything is working properly and the user has managed to change the folder view so that it fails to display the mail. You can check the settings ( right click on the InBox and look at the view settings ) and correct them.

-- Bob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bob-O-Rama;2264370 wrote:
I'm betting they have messed up their view or search criteria. That items show up in unread mail and disappear after you read them means everything is working properly and the user has managed to change the folder view so that it fails to display the mail. You can check the settings ( right click on the InBox and look at the view settings ) and correct them.

-- Bob

Thanks for the reply. I tried restoring the inbox setting to default views as well as tried it on another station but the email still does not come through.

Sincerely,
Ken

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 2012 Client not receiving emails but WebAccess is

Ken,

if you do a search in the windows client, does the mail show up? If so, where?
Is the Win client in online mode or caching?

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did a search in the Windows GroupWise client and it does not find anything. The client is Online mode.

Actually I just noticed in the Webaccess - the new email came in but does not show in the Mailbox. it only shows in the Unopened Items. I dont normally use Webaccess, is this correct?

Ken

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My apologies, once you mentioned what folders they showed in, I went into Webaccess and it showed all items in Unopened items were in a Calendar folder. I then looked at Rules and someone setup a rule incorrectly there and once it was disabled emails were showing up again.

Thanks for all the help,
Ken

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GroupWise 2012 Client not receiving emails but WebAccess is

On Tue, 21 May 2013 15:06:02 GMT, RLMILLIES
<RLMILLIES@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>My apologies, once you mentioned what folders they showed in, I went
>into Webaccess and it showed all items in Unopened items were in a
>Calendar folder. I then looked at Rules and someone setup a rule
>incorrectly there and once it was disabled emails were showing up
>again.

The user strikes again! 🙂
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.