Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

GroupWise 2012 Resource Issue

The Owner of a Resource (ItoU) did the following:

#1) granted UserB proxy rights only Post being available when you click on reply.

#2) If you click on reply privately - the send option is available.

UserA was the user that was previously added as a Proxy, and the Resource Owner was not able to send messages.

Just as a recap,

User A is the employee that they are trying to add as a Proxy, Ms. Jones is the owner of the ItoU Resource mailbox. Once she adds UserA as a proxy she looses the ability to reply to the messages.

The Resource has already been deleted/recreated.

I was told that this is working as Designed in GW 2012, is there some documentation that I can point my customer too that details this information.

Is this working differently than it was in GW 8?

Thank you,

-DS
Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GroupWise 2012 Resource Issue

Hi DS,

Is the resource setup as a role, place or general resource? There are differences in GroupWise 2012 on how resources behave.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Laura,

I was just made aware that there are differences in the way Resources behave between GroupWise 8 and GroupWise 2012, with the assistance of some excellent engineers we found the following link in the Documentation, https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_admin/data/akc30ne.html, Section 15.1.2 - Resource Types - Starting in GroupWise 2012 SP2, they just recently upgraded from GroupWise 8.0.2 - GroupWise 2012, a role resource represents a position in an organization that can be reassigned from one owner to the next. As owners change, the role resource mailbox retains all information associated with the role. Unlike general resources and place resources, role resources are included in a Reply to All.

The customer is testing the change now. Will update as soon as I hear something.

-DS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Good morning,

Unfortunately the procedure did not fix the issue. Going to have the customer delete and recreate the Resource once more ensuring that "role" is selected to start with. Will update success/failure as status becomes available.

-DS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Good day,

Ended up opening an SR, will update with further information.

-DS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi DS,

Please do keep us updated. I know that resources changed in GroupWise 2012 but am unable to find definitive documentation on how they have changed. Perhaps with your feedback we can get this changed i.e. a TID written up.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Good day Laura,

Engineering, believes they might have found the issue, the problem is that the main mailbox for this Resource is shared. It was recommended to have them remove the share, and from that point they believe it should behave as normally. Though the person that they have it shared with has deleted the share, the share is still active on the mailbox. That was determined in a screen capture which displayed the person icon on the mailbox icon, thus the mailbox was behaving as a shared folder should/would.

Just awaiting the customer confirmation at this point. Will update you further if this is still misbehaving.

Thank you,

-DS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi DS

Ah yes, that would do it! Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Good day,

Customer confirmed that the procedure detailed in the previous post, did resolve the issue.

Thank you,

-DS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi DS

Many thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. That way we all learn.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.