GuillaumeBDEB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GroupWise 2012 SP4 - Wrong version in Programs and Features?

Hi, I'm testing the new GroupWise 2012 SP4 client and I think I found a small typo. In the GroupWise "About GroupWise" I can see that the version is 12.0.4 2015-06-05 with 120531 as the version. But when I check in the "Programs and Features" now it says that it's the 12.0.3 version that is installed. Anyone else see this?

Thanks in advance for the help!
GuillaumeBDEB
Labels (2)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 2012 SP4 - Wrong version in Programs and Featu

Sorry, I forgot to say that I did my tests under a Windows 7 Ent SP1 x64.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

I recommend that you report this directly to Novell via a Service Request. If you are not in a position to open a service request then please let us know and we will try to follow up on your behalf.

Please do keep us in the loop - thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Laura, I think it would be better if you could pass the message to Novell directly. I'm not able to open an SR on my side. We work with a third party to help us with that.

Have a good day!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

No problem, let me see what I can do for you. I'll report back any feedback that I get.

Watch this space 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Laura, do you have any news?

Thanks again for the help!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't heard anything. Let me follow up.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GroupWise 2012 SP4 - Wrong version in Programs and Features?

In article <GuillaumeBDEB.704k60@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>,
GuillaumeBDEB wrote:
> Hi Laura, do you have any news?

No confirmation yet on this for 2012 client, but GW 2014 sp2 (released
at same time as 2012 sp4) has a very similar issue, so not surprised.
Hopefully we will get more on this soon.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Just an update - I should have confirmation regarding this from Novell shortly. Hopefully I can answer you either later today or first thing in the morning (in my time-zone).

Watch this space.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi all, I just received confirmation that it was only a cosmetic issue. They forgot to increase the version information. That said I also found another bug! I used the new GroupWise Tuner (gwtuner.exe) version 12.0.4.30531 (found in the gw12.0.4_full_win_multi.zip) to generate an MST file. In the MST file, under the Property table, the value of "LANGUAGES" is "__________1_______________". When you launch the installation by the command line with install.bat /silent you get an error about the file gwchkar.dll missing. So I open my old MST and copied the value which was " 00000000010 0000000000000". Now when I launch the installation everything works correctly. Hope it helps someone.

Thanks again for the help!
GuillaumeBDEB
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I too have had confirmation that this is a defect/bug and it is now being tracked by Novell. Please just note that this is merely cosmetic.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
plessm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I updated to 12.0.4 this past weekend. I checked my ConsoleOne after installation and the snap-ins for GroupWise say 12.0.3. I upgraded from 12.0.2, never had 12.0.3. I removed my ConsoleOne install completely, added it back from the 12.0.4 iso, snap-ins version still says 12.0.3. I'm assuming this is a typo as well.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Yes, this is purely cosmetic. I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.