Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GroupWise 2012 webaccess

Going to be doing a GroupWise 2012 move to a new server. Current Groupwise 2012 system running on NSS volume on SuSE10, and moving the system to SuSE11sp2 on EXT3. Going to carry the ip address to new server as well. Moving the domain and post office using dbcopy to new server. Reinstall the gwia on new server as well. Question related to webaccess. With the changes and all to webaccess, not really anything to migrate. Will the current one that is install carry over or should I just reinstall the webaccess on the new server?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 2012 webaccess

jlewter wrote:

> Will the current one that is install carry over or should I just reinstall the
> webaccess on the new server?

Do you mean that your WebAccess server is on a different server? If so, and the
IP address for the GW POA will remain the same, then there is really nothing to
do to "fix" it - once the POA is back up, WebAccess should see it just fine.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
GroupWise 2014 is just around the corner - will you be ready?
http://bit.ly/cat-gw2014

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My bad, I didn't explain that right. Basically one current box now running SuSE10/OES2. It has all GW components on it, mta, poa, gwia and webaccess. Version 2012. Moving all of them to new SuSE11sp3 server. Question pertained to the webaccess. I haven't moved one since being on 2012, and since it is not like it has been in the past, I assume I will just install apache on new server and just install a new webaccess.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jlewter wrote:

> I assume I will
> just install apache on new server and just install a new webaccess.

This is correct - you will install and CONFIGURE the new WebAccess on the new
server. It requires both apache and tomcat.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
GroupWise 2014 is just around the corner - will you be ready?
http://bit.ly/cat-gw2014

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.