Highlighted
canotec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GroupWise 2014 Japanese Version BUG?

Hello. I Just tested GroupWise 2014 on Japanese Environment.

I Found 3 Bugs(?) in GroupWise 2014 FAT Client on Windows 81 upgrade.

1. "Jitaku" shuld be "Home". mistransration. Jitaku means 'My House' or 'My residensce'.
This expression is a very unnatural expression as it is told for me to go house.

2. Japanese Kanji code corrupt 'Mojibake' on Mail Properties. 'Pending' or 'Open', and so on. It was not happen WebAccess. It is too easy
I think Shift-JIS code could not change into UTF.
I have found this Bug in 30 seconds.

3. Japanese IME easy to crash during writing e-mail.
When I wrote subject: by Nihongo and next main title,
Japanese IME crashed. It is easy to happen.

Windows +Space key re-alive IME.

This phenomenon occurs frequently a lot, users will be irritated very much.

If you have good solution above BUGs, please replay.

Thank you.

Kenji.
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
6 Replies
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 2014 Japanese Version BUG?

Kenji,

if you are under maintenance, please open an SR. There are newer builds of GW2014 available on request, maybe it is already fixed. Else the SR is the most efficient way to receive a fix.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
canotec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks your reply.
I am the position of proposing and support GroupWise system to a customer. The most of my user work in Japan, but IT managers lives in another country, they could not understand Japanese Kanji matters and they can't explain about Kanji code trouble to Tech Support. If my customer purchase GroupWise and maintenance, I'll do your advice. And I wait for the first service packs.
Thank you.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I see. I'll report it. I can't read Japanese characters myself, so I'm no big help, but maybe somebody at Novell can verify the issue.

Uwe

--
0 Likes
Absent Member.

FYI, I reported the issue and the localization folks at Novell are looking into it.

Uwe

--
0 Likes
canotec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As a test, I tested GroupWise 8.0.0 Client. "Jitaku" is "Houmu" in Kana Chractor. It seems natural for Japanese. And mail properties screen are not Kanji currupt, Mojibake. in Japanese mode. These seems fine on v8.0.
0 Likes
hchun Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does anyone know if the IME problem has been addressed? I have one user who has the IME crash with some frequency, and the keyboard control to switch inputs appears to be disabled while typing in the client. I'm on the 14.0.1 build.
thanks
Herbert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.