Highlighted
anthonycastro
New Member.

GroupWise 2014 Message Import via IMAP

Jump to solution

Hey everyone. I have a strange way of importing messages into GroupWise. I've recently installed GroupWise 2014 on a test environment with one user at the moment. I exported my old messages from my old system (SmarterMail) via an Outlook OLM file on Mac. I've set up the IMAP settings on the Administration Console and my Outlook client connects to the server just fine. Now I'm trying to import emails that are on my computer locally to GroupWise but every time I drag them to the GroupWise server inbox folder, it looks like it wants to import but then disappears. Again, not the best way to migrate but trying to migrate a few messages to test things around with GroupWise. Anyone know what's going on? I've done this on other IMAP servers and it worked fine. Thanks! 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GroupWise 2014 Message Import via IMAP

Jump to solution

@anthonycastro wrote:

Hey everyone. I have a strange way of importing messages into GroupWise. I've recently installed GroupWise 2014 on a test environment with one user at the moment. I exported my old messages from my old system (SmarterMail) via an Outlook OLM file on Mac. I've set up the IMAP settings on the Administration Console and my Outlook client connects to the server just fine. Now I'm trying to import emails that are on my computer locally to GroupWise but every time I drag them to the GroupWise server inbox folder, it looks like it wants to import but then disappears. Again, not the best way to migrate but trying to migrate a few messages to test things around with GroupWise. Anyone know what's going on? I've done this on other IMAP servers and it worked fine. Thanks! 

I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on. 😉

I've never tried what you are doing but you can move your email using a GroupWise client!

I have a GroupWise 2014R2 server and GroupWise Windows client. I have created an IMAP account in my GroupWise client and can access my email via IMAP on a non-GroupWise server. I can simply drag email from one of the IMAP folders to one of my GroupWise folders and the email is moved without any problems. 

If you are doing this from a Mac, you can install a GroupWise 8 client for the Mac. It should access your GroupWise 2014 server naively just fine. If your SmarterMail system supports IMAP, the GroupWise client can access it directly.

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

@anthonycastro wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on. 😉

I've never tried what you are doing but you can move your email using a GroupWise client!

I have a GroupWise 2014R2 server and GroupWise Windows client. I have created an IMAP account in my GroupWise client and can access my email via IMAP on a non-GroupWise server. I can simply drag email from one of the IMAP folders to one of my GroupWise folders and the email is moved without any problems. 

If you are doing this from a Mac, you can install a GroupWise 8 client for the Mac. It should access your GroupWise 2014 server naively just fine. If your SmarterMail system supports IMAP, the GroupWise client can access it directly.

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
anthonycastro
New Member.

Jump to solution

That did the trick! Not sure why I didn't think of that. 🙂

Thank you! 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.