Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GroupWise 2014 R2 Build 14.2.0-122092 issues?

We upgraded from GroupWise 2014 SP2 to R2 on January 2nd.
The server is running on SLES 11 SP4 with 12 GB of memory with only one domain and one post office on the same server.
Since the upgrade at least five times the post office has stopped working (unused) and the dva too (dead), which never happened before.
The services restart and web services (tomcat6) has to be restarted too.
Note: Working on getting High Availability to work right, but that's another worry.

I opened an SR yesterday and they sent me a link for a newer build (203269) along with some updates to the groupwise library files.

I am going to install the newer build tomorrow morning, hoping that this relieves this headache (and calls)!

I just thought if anyone is experiencing the same, they may need the newer build.

New and Improved???

Stan
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GroupWise 2014 R2 Build 14.2.0-122092 issues?

Hi Stan,

The problem, as you describe, is currently being discussed in this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/495617-GW-2014-R2-gwdva-segfaults-POA-hangs-crashes

Thank you very much for posting your information about your SR and obtaining a newer build. I'm sure that many folk in the community will benefit from this.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the link, it is exactly what I've been seeing.
I will provide an update later this week to my situation after the early Wednesday morning update.

Many thanks,

Stan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I installed Build 14.2.0-122420 along with updates to the library files under /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/lib, but, sadly, things are not much better.
The GroupWise services ran for about 6 hours and then it showed the dva as dead.
I restarted gwdva (after following TID 7016116) and everything looked OK, but I informed MicroFocus through my SR that we are still having issues.
The reply was the engineers needed to go through the core file and it might be a couple of days before they get back to me (YIKES!).
I guess I should have left bad-enough alone, but after I made a change to the route.cfg file and restart gwia, it showed the status as unused!
Funny though, (is it April 1st?), I was able to open the gwia web interface and mail is moving.
So, I restarted all of the services (rcgrpwise restart) and NOW all (except gwadminservice) are showing as unused. 😞
People can still access Groupwise - so I guess it's just kidding...
I updated the SR and awaiting further torture...

Stan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Demaximis;2418108 wrote:
I installed Build 14.2.0-122420 along with updates to the library files under /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/lib, but, sadly, things are not much better.
The GroupWise services ran for about 6 hours and then it showed the dva as dead.
I restarted gwdva (after following TID 7016116) and everything looked OK, but I informed MicroFocus through my SR that we are still having issues.
The reply was the engineers needed to go through the core file and it might be a couple of days before they get back to me (YIKES!).
I guess I should have left bad-enough alone, but after I made a change to the route.cfg file and restart gwia, it showed the status as unused!
Funny though, (is it April 1st?), I was able to open the gwia web interface and mail is moving.
So, I restarted all of the services (rcgrpwise restart) and NOW all (except gwadminservice) are showing as unused. 😞
People can still access Groupwise - so I guess it's just kidding...
I updated the SR and awaiting further torture...

Stan

When you use the rcgrpwise command and you see unused, that doesn't necessarily mean the agents are not running. From my experience, that's typically an issue with the agent syntax in your gwha.conf file. Check to be sure that syntax/spelling there matches your actual configuration. Along with the Admin console you can also use ps -A | grep commands to see if the agents are actually running.

Brad
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Brad, thanks for your input!

I am now on build 122547 and GroupWise seems stable, (knock on wood)!

Thanks again,

Stan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Stan -

That's the build I was going to upgrade to from the GW 2014 SP2 code but I've been hesitant to do so with the poa/dva crashes a lot people seem to be dealing with. How long have you been running this build w/o issue? Are you running the DVA and indexing? Also, did you apply the redist.gz to the lib directory? Thanks for your time.

Brad
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Brad,

I had applied the redist.gz to the previous build, but not this one. I have been running this build since the 10th of February with out any downtime. I have DVA and indexing running and I also have Quarantine enabled.

Good Luck!

Stan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The dva went into a dead state at 2:50 pm (eastern) and I restarted it. 😞
So, the problem persists, but at least it didn't shutdown the Post Office!
I sent the log file along with an email to my open SR.

Stan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 20:56:02 GMT, Demaximis
<Demaximis@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>The dva went into a dead state at 2:50 pm (eastern) and I restarted it.
😠
>So, the problem persists, but at least it didn't shutdown the Post
>Office!
>I sent the log file along with an email to my open SR.
>
>Stan

I think you need at least Build 122667 to solve these problems. That
is what I am running.
Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ken,

I have contact support to get it.

Thanks for information!

Stan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

They sent me Build 122703 and I installed it early this morning.

I will report back on Friday with an update.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.