dkerbaugh Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

GroupWise 2014 R2 Monitor Agent Upgrade

Currently running GW 14.0.2. All Agents running on a single server. Using Monitor Agent with High Availability setup.

When I launch the Monitor Url http://myserver.domain.com:8200 I'm taken straight to the url where the monitor agents are listed.

If I run the monitor agent install from the 2014 R2 installation package to upgrade the monitor agent, after the installation has completed I am prompted to login with a username / password when attempting to browse to the monitor url.

I've tried disabling High Availablity, but regardless the monitor url wants me to authenticate.

What possibly changed just by running the monitor agent install (without running configure). Where do I look to determine why now the authentication is required for monitor?

Thanks, Dave.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GroupWise 2014 R2 Monitor Agent Upgrade

Hi Dave,

This TID outlines how to change the username/password for GroupWise Monitor: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7017119

But may give a clue as to how to remove the username/password. Having said that I recommend, for security, that you have a username/password in place to protect Monitor against unauthorised access.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.