Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GroupWise 2014 R2 SP1 Server OS

I am currently running GW 2014 R2 HP1 on a Xen VM with OES 11 SP2. I am planning to upgrade to GW 2014 R2 SP1 and also upgrade my server OS. I am not using the server for any OES directory support, only NSS for the groupwise directory. The question is probably subjective, but I am looking for input on upgrading the groupwise server OS to OES 2015 SP1 versus SLES 12 SP1 within the VM.

Thanks for any comments.
-L
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: GroupWise 2014 R2 SP1 Server OS

with oes11sp3 or better oes2015sp1 you will have/become the best Plattform for gw 2014 r2 HP1. You can run it virtual with vmware 5.x or 6.0
no Problem since any time!!!

i have any experience with sles12sp1, but not with groupwise. OES is today not implemented in sles12, so that i think that the oes-System will be the better choice!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GroupWise 2014 R2 SP1 Server OS

LarryResch;2440709 wrote:
I am currently running GW 2014 R2 HP1 on a Xen VM with OES 11 SP2. I am planning to upgrade to GW 2014 R2 SP1 and also upgrade my server OS. I am not using the server for any OES directory support, only NSS for the groupwise directory. The question is probably subjective, but I am looking for input on upgrading the groupwise server OS to OES 2015 SP1 versus SLES 12 SP1 within the VM.

Thanks for any comments.
-L

Which underlying Xen version are you running (meaning, does it properly support SLES 12 SP1)?

IMO The choice mostly depends on the rest of your OES environment. GroupWise versions prior to 2014 would definitely get my vote to run on OES (as you have eDir and NSS on board).

With GroupWise 2014 R2 SP1 and SLES 12 SP1 as possible combo, I'd probably choose that combo utilizing XFS as filesystem for GroupWise.

If running "plain" SLES, I would not go for SLES 11 as I see that as ageing OS. Still fine for existing setups, but not something I'd use for new installs unless there is a specific reason to do so.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.