jlewter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GroupWise 2014 R2 upgrade issue

Was trying to upgrade an existing GroupWise 2014 SP2 system to R2 last night. Did all the usual pre check work and all was fine. Ran in the install to install the new code then choose configure to upgrade the database. Click the link for To install or configure a new GroupWise server, the link opens but it never open the page required nor does it give me anything about accepting the cert. I let it set for almost an hour and the page never comes up. I tried to do it manually and also using the gwadmin-ipc to accept it and all it would do is set there like the page is opening but never does. Has anyone seen this issue upgrading to R2? I have done a previous sites upgrade from 2014 SP2 to R2 and didn't have this issue.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GroupWise 2014 R2 upgrade issue

Hi,

Yes, I had this issue on one site. I cleared browser cache and cookies! That did the trick for me. Not too sure if that seriously was the underlying issue or not.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jlewter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I didn't think of that. I was using the firefox install on the local SuSE box running the GW components, and never had this issue before. So when it did it for you, did the page come up all white with the spinning symbol like it was trying to load but was waiting on something?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Yes, I had those exact same symptoms. Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jlewter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am going to try it again one night this week so I will post back if that works for me. Thanks for the input.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

For what it's worth... I just tried to launch the GroupWise Admin Installation console from the shortcut on my OES server. It just sat there with the little circle and did nothing. I cleared all browser cache, cookies, etc. and relaunched the browser from the shortcut and it went straight in. So, I'm hoping that's all you have to do to solve your challenge.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
jlewter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good thought, I can do that without actually running through the install-configure part, so I will know ahead of time that it will work. I will give it a shot.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

FYI, it's always a good practice to clear your cache (cookies not included) for an update to GW. Every time we make a UI change in Admin, I have to clear the cache. Get's annoying but that's the way it is :>)

--Morris

>>> jlewter<jlewter@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 5/4/2016 7:26 AM >>>

Good thought, I can do that without actually running through the

install-configure part, so I will know ahead of time that it will work.

I will give it a shot.

--

jlewter

------------------------------------------------------------------------
jlewter's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14321

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=498173
0 Likes
jlewter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well I cleared the cache and clicking the link in the configure portion of the upgrade still wouldn't load the necessary page for me. I was able though to just click the icon on the desktop for the install and it worked that way. This happened on each box at this site that had components to upgrade.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Hmmm... I tend to just use the icon on the desktop - perhaps I'm lazy! But thanks for reporting back your experiences.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.