Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

GroupWise 6 migration and upgrade

It seems I can't put this off any longer and I suspect I have a lot of work ahead of me. Here's my situation:

I have an old NetWare 6 SP4 server. The time to have retired this server has long passed. The hardware is the same vintage as the software and I don't think it can withstand an upgrade. All that is left running on this box is GroupWise 6 SP4.

I have a newer server running SLES11 SP4 Xen. I have an OES2015 VM which is to be the home for my new GroupWise. My plan is to move to GroupWise 2014 R2.

This is my GroupWise 6:

• Single domain and PO
  • 5 users
  • PO size: 7.5 GB; 120 K files

My GroupWise 6 recently encountered an issue described here. I know I should have a healthy installation before attempting an upgrade but I'm running out of options.

What are my migration options? I expect GroupWise 8 to be part of the migration process, is it not? I'm quite happy to refer to the documentation for all the gory details.

Thanks...
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GroupWise 6 migration and upgrade

Hi Kevin,

Best advice I can give you is grab Danita's guide on migration & upgrading. They are simply the best guides and you can't go wrong with them.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.