Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
6516 views

GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

I am trying to install Groupwise 8.01 on to a Windows 2008 SP2 x64 server. I have Installed Novell edirectory on the same server with the latest Novell client.

I am receiving the following error during the Groupwise install. The error below comes up after the install copies the files to the grpwise folders.

…\Groupwise\gwinst\admin\gwadj2.dll Can’t find dependent libraries
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Updates and Dowloads\Novell\Groupwise 8.01\gw801_full_nlmwin_en\GROUPWISE\gwinst\admin\gwadj2.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993)
at com.novell.gw.directory.util.Path.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.domain.DomainPath.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.install.CreateUtils.copyFiles(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.install.InstallUtilities.createSystem(Unknown Source)
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

Try this, and then report back please.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=bd2a6171-e2d6-4230-b809-9a8d7548c1b6&displaylang=en


--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

I am still receiving the same error after installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 app. I have also applied the update from Microsoft for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 update.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

Sorry, it was just a guess from my side, and don't have access to a
Win2008 so I can't help you futher.

If nobydy else jump in here, I can only suggest an incident


--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

Groupwise is only supported on a 32-bit platform.

snewland;1918746 wrote:
I am trying to install Groupwise 8.01 on to a Windows 2008 SP2 x64 server. I have Installed Novell edirectory on the same server with the latest Novell client.

I am receiving the following error during the Groupwise install. The error below comes up after the install copies the files to the grpwise folders.

…\Groupwise\gwinst\admin\gwadj2.dll Can’t find dependent libraries
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Updates and Dowloads\Novell\Groupwise 8.01\gw801_full_nlmwin_en\GROUPWISE\gwinst\admin\gwadj2.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993)
at com.novell.gw.directory.util.Path.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.domain.DomainPath.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.install.CreateUtils.copyFiles(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.install.InstallUtilities.createSystem(Unknown Source)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

I am also interested in this scenario and have asked a similar question on The GroupWise Exchange (www.groupwise.co.uk)
Maybe we'll have more luck there

Splash
Moderator
The GroupWise Exchange


>>> snewland<snewland@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 19/01/2010 14:46 >>>

I am still receiving the same error after installing Microsoft VisualC++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 app. I have also applied the update fromMicrosoft for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 update.-- snewland------------------------------------------------------------------------snewland's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=76122View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=398616
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

Did you try this ?

Try to manually copy msvcr71.dll into C:\windows\system32. See http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7005070_draft&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=130000954&stateId=0%200%20130002355

Splash
Moderator
The GroupWise Exchange
www.groupwise.co.uk


>>> snewland<snewland@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 19/01/2010 14:46 >>>

I am still receiving the same error after installing Microsoft VisualC++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 app. I have also applied the update fromMicrosoft for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 update.-- snewland------------------------------------------------------------------------snewland's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=76122View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=398616
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

Just for anyone else who comes accross this. Groupwise 8 will work on win 2008 r2 x64 but it is not straight forward. Install novell client, Groupwise client (otherwise will probably get a gwadj2.dll error) and console one first before installing agents. You will need to fine tune a few things in the services entries also.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

tdowling2;2088425 wrote:
Just for anyone else who comes accross this. Groupwise 8 will work on win 2008 r2 x64 but it is not straight forward. Install novell client, Groupwise client (otherwise will probably get a gwadj2.dll error) and console one first before installing agents. You will need to fine tune a few things in the services entries also.


I just completed an install of GW8.0.1 on Win 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit. MTA, POA and GWIA running OK. I did pre-install the lastest Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows Server 2008, ConsoleOne 1.36h from the GW8.0.1 install files and eDirectory 8.8.6 64-bit for Windows.

I'm interested in the "fine tuning" of the services involved. I'm starting them (MTA, POA) manually as their various dependencies seem not to be ready in time after a re-boot. I could try a "delayed" service start if that would help. Otherwise, a manual start works OK for each. I "mistakenly" did not install GWIA as a service so it must be started up as an executable. Any way to correct that situation or should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks.

tim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

tdowling2;2088425 wrote:
Just for anyone else who comes accross this. Groupwise 8 will work on win 2008 r2 x64 but it is not straight forward. Install novell client, Groupwise client (otherwise will probably get a gwadj2.dll error) and console one first before installing agents. You will need to fine tune a few things in the services entries also.


It was the GroupWise client that I was missing, once that was installed the install of 8.0.2 HP3 on Win 2008 R2 x64 worked like a charm.

Cheers
Jim
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise 8.01 Install Fails on Windows 2008 SP2 x64

Don't know if you need this anymore, as far as the service vs application problem - I ran into the same thing with my upgrade to GW2012. Download the Windows 2003 Resource Kit from MS, use "instsrv.exe" to install GWIA as a service.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.