Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

GroupWise 8 to 2014 Hardware/OS/Software Upgrade

I have been running GroupWise 8 in an OES2 Cluster configuration for many years. Before that GroupWise 7 in a Netware Cluster. I plan on upgrading to GW2014 this winter and contemplating two different solutions:
OES11 Cluster on physical servers with GW2014 or SLES11 in VMware with GW2014. The OES11 solution would be a rolling OS/Cluster upgrade and then GroupWise upgrade which with it a lot of planning and testing and complexity, but once running is a very good HA/DR and easy to manage system. VMware SLES solution would mean building multiple SLES guests loading GW2014 and migrating data from NSS to EXT3. Simple configuration, and I would then rely on HA from GroupWise Monitor, and DR from VMware.

What are companies doing these days for maximum HA/DR with GroupWise? Is there a question about performance in VMware? Is there a definitive Linux filesystem of choice?

Thanks in advance.
Kirk
Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.