willvi1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GroupWise Groups Inaccurate

I discovered yesterday that a group, “everyone…”, in the Groupwise address book does not directly correspond to the “everyone…” group in ConsoleOne. The address book seems to have addresses in it that were removed some time ago from ConsoleOne. We had our email server rebuilt recently and now this seems to be a problem we are seeing post-rebuild (not sure if that is relavent).
I am not sure how to get the erroneous names out of the address book group (shy of deleting the actual email account—which we’ve never done and are reluctant to start doing). If I go to the ConsoleOne and delete a user from the group, the address book is updated to reflect the change. We are running Groupwise 8 (Novell 6.5 server and XP SP2 clients).
I’ve tried synchronizing the group and the obsolete user. I’ve also gone into GWCheck and ran an Analyze/fix against the Post Office. Finally, I ran a Validate and Recover Database. Nothing seems to rid the names from the address book groups. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Victor
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GroupWise Groups Inaccurate

willvi1 wrote:

> I discovered yesterday that a group, “everyone…”, in the Groupwise
> address book does not directly correspond to the “everyone…” group in
> ConsoleOne.

Are you viewing this from a Gw Client ?

If So, are the client in Cache or Online Mode?

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Sorry, but no support through email
Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
willvi1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are viewing the groups from the GW client in online mode. It is happening to all users who use rhe groups for emailing. I find that if I go into console one and add the users back into the group, sync, delete the user, sync again, the users are then removed from the group. This is quite a painful/arduous approach and not real practical. Additionally, some of the users that appear in the groups are no longer even in Console One to manipulate.

Thanks again,
Victor
0 Likes
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Then I would say, that you should rebuild your PO

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Sorry, but no support through email
Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.